pallavi dedicate a lot of time which is making delicious food for her family. she love to cook Indian cuisine. she love to cook for fun.
Homemade Crispy Stuffed Pomfret (Paplet) Tawa Fry Recipe - Easy to make & Simple
Pomfret Fish is one of my favorite in seafood. This Crispy pomfret fry is a perfect side dish for your everyday meals. Full of flavor and super easy to make. Tawa masala fried pomfret fish is looks so delicious not just looks but taste delicious too. Serve with some salad looks so tempting.
The earlier form of the pomfret's name was pamflet, a word which probably ultimately comes from Portuguese pampo, referring to various fish. Pomfret is simple to cook. It has more meat and few bones. It is rich in protein and unsaturated fatty acids.
Serve a new and delicious delight to your friends and family during your dinner nights with this tasty and mouth watering recipe of stuffed pomfret.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 4 medium sized fresh pomfret's (paplets) fish
- 2 inch ginger
- 20 garlic cloves
- 5 green chilies
- cilantro (coriander leaves) for garnish
- 1½ tablespoon kokum agal (kokum juice)
- 1½ Red chilies
- 1 tablespoon homemade red masala
- 2 cups rice flour
- 1/2 cup fine semolina flour (Rava)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- oil for frying
Procedure (How to make step by step recipe) :
- First of all, In the mixer grinder, the mixture of 2" ginger, 20 cloves garlic, 5 green chilies, small bunch of coriander leaves and then add some water for proper finely mixture paste.
- Remove the prepared green mixture paste from a plate and add 1 tbsp. homemade red masala, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1/2 tbsp. salt, 1½ tbsp. kokum juice etc. and mix well all mixture properly.
- Rub this masala on the all the paplets perfectly. and also add or rub some masala inside the paplets.
- Now in a bowl add 2 cup rice flour, 1/2 cup fine semolina, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1½ tsp red chili powder, 1/2 tbsp. salt for light taste of outside crispy coating and mix well all properly.
- Heat oil to fry on tawa.
- All the paplets coated in the mixture of rice flour and semolina mix well and leave to fry on the tawa.
- Fry on one side over medium heat for about 7 to 8 minutes. then fry the paplets on both sides until well crunchy.
- Garnish with freshly chopped onion and coriander leaves. Serve with salad.
- Ready to Serve the prepared crispy, mouth watering and tempting paplets hot.
Happy Cooking !!
- If kokum juice is not available, you can also use tamarind juice or lemon juice.
- properly neat and clean the pomfret fish and fish should be cut in the middle to add spice to the fish.
Pallavi pawar (author) from Mumbai on February 28, 2021:
yess maam..! It's so yummy dish...you try it out once for your sweet family...Thank u so much for commenting and visiting.
Devika Primić from Dubrovnik, Croatia on February 26, 2021:
Wow! Looks delicious! The step by step guide is easy to follow. Such recipes are healthy meals.