I love KFC but I rather cook my own home fried chicken. At least I know what I put in them. I do treat myself now and again to a KFC.
Crispy Chicken Drumstick
Crispy Fried Chicken Drumsticks
This fried chicken home made recipe is easy to make and tasty to eat. I love Kentucky Fried Chicken but I prefer to make my own version of it as I find the taste of KFC had changed from what it used to be. I don't know if you have noticed but I find KFC chicken is a lot salty and the usual taste has changed. At least if you make your own, you can add or take out the ingredients you like or you don't like. You can also vary the ingredients to make it more interesting.
If you like, you can also put the ingredients that you like or prefer to marinade the chicken. Some people prefer chicken with spicy ingredients and some don't.
Home made Fried Chicken Drumsticks
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
1 hour 10 min
1 hour 30 min
Serves 2 to 3 people
Ingredients for homemade fried chicken
- 1 kilo chicken drumstick, thighs or wings, washed
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 pieces lemon, juice for marinade
- 1 cup cooking oil, for frying
- 1 cup flour, self-raising
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 fresh eggs, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli powder, optional
Home made Fried Chicken Drumsticks
- Wash chicken drumsticks first and dry.
- In a big bowl, put all the ingredients like chicken drumsticks, soy sauce, salt, lemon juice or kalamansi juice, black pepper and chilli powder if needed, leave it to marinade for an hour or overnight.
- After an hour or overnight, heat the oil for frying.
- Mix little bit of black pepper with the flour.
- Then roll the marinated chicken drumsticks to the beaten egg and flour after, then fry the drumsticks until cooked. Lower the heat so the drumsticks will cook nicely but will not be burnt. You can also use an electric frying pan to cook these.
- Put it on a plate with kitchen paper to drain excess oil.
- When done serve with chips or rice if you like with salad or cooked green vegetables.
Tangy, Crispy and Crunchy Chicken Drumstick recipe
With this recipe, you can use chicken thighs and chicken wings as well or if you prefer it without bones or you can use the chicken breasts as well. For me , I would be happy to accompany this recipe with plain boiled rice with sautéed pak choi and a fruit for afters or maybe ice cream if I am feeling naughty. I will use tomato ketcup or sweet chilli sauce for dipping the chicken.
Fried Chicken with Garlic and Lemon Ingredients
- Here is another fried chicken recipe with garlic and lemon that I always cook. I like this one as well because of the garlic flavour.
Ingredients for this recipe:
- half a kilo Chicken drumsticks, chicken thighs, or wings(use whichever parts of the chicken you prefer)
- 6 garlic cloves(pounded)
- lemon juice(1 lemon) - depends on the amount of chicken pieces, add more if you like
- 5 tablespoonfuls of soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoonful of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoonful of salt
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs(beaten)
- half a kilo of potatoes(for chips or fries)
- salads or vegetable of your choice
- 1 1/2 cup oil for frying
Instructions on how to cook Fried chicken with Garlic and lemon
- Wash the chicken pieces and dry them with kitchen paper.
- In a bowl, add the soy sauce, lemon juice, black pepper, salt, garlic and then add the chicken pieces, mix all the ingredients and marinade for 1 hour or overnight.
- Then in another bowl, put some flour, salt and black pepper.
- Beat 2 eggs in another bowl.
- Put the oil in a frying pan and when the oil is hot start frying the chicken pieces.
- Dip the chicken pieces in the beaten egg then to the flour and fry it.
- Put the chicken pieces on a bowl lined with kitchen roll to soak up the excess oil.
- Eat it with rice or eat it with home made fries or chips with salad or cooked vegetables.
Home made fried chicken
- How to Make Chicken Adobo with Potatoes
For me, it is the easiest food to prepare and cook, accompanied by rice and vegetable of your choice.
Homemade Fried Chicken Drumsticks
- Filipino Chicken Curry Recipe
Cooking chicken curry the Filipino way. We all love Indian curry so we try and cook it the way we like it. The Indian or Thailand curry have too much chilli but I always like the mild curry.
Home Made Fried Chicken Drumsticks
This content reflects the personal opinions of the author. It is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and should not be substituted for impartial fact or advice in legal, political, or personal matters.
© 2013 Linda Bryen
Home Made Fried Chicken Drumstick Comments
Linda Bryen (author) from United Kingdom on February 04, 2015:
Hi! peachpurple, thank you for visiting and reading my hub again.
peachy from Home Sweet Home on February 03, 2015:
i go for drumsticks, we don't eat chicken legs or feet either
Linda Bryen (author) from United Kingdom on November 10, 2014:
Thank you once again urbrish, I will have a look at your recipes too.
ubrish ali from Pakistan(Asia) on November 10, 2014:
I will try your recipe.please check my recipes also and enjoy
Linda Bryen (author) from United Kingdom on March 27, 2014:
Maggs224, thank you for your kind comment. I just love cooking chicken drumstick.
maggs224 from Sunny Spain on March 27, 2014:
Sounds delicious I might give it a try :D