As i am a home maker, I always keep trying new snack recipes for my family & when they turn out yummy I share those recipes with my readers.
Crispy Butterfly Shrimps
Butterfly shrimps is a starter and snacks recipes. Butterfly is created by making a slit on the front or back of shrimps. Shrimp is high in protein, low in calories, carbs and fat. Shrimp is rich in selenium, choline and vitaminB12. Shrimp contain antioxidants which reduces inflammation and oxidative damage. With all these benefits, shrimp is a great food to include in our diet.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Serves four people
- 1/2 kilogram shrimps
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- salt, as per taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup all purpose flour, (maida)
- 1 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 2 egg
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- oil, for frying
- Clean and wash all the shrimps properly. Butterfly the shrimp by running a knife lengthwise more than halfway through the back or front of the shrimp. Gently open the cut to form a butterfly-like figure. Remove the veins with the help of a toothpick.
- Season the shrimps with salt, red chilli powder, garlic powder and lemon juice.
- Prepare the flour mixture by adding salt, red chilli flakes and black pepper powder to the flour.
- Add some cold water to the beaten eggs.
- Take some breadcrumbs for coating as well.
- Now, dredge the shrimp in the flour mixture and then dip it in the egg mixture. Coat it with the breadcrumbs.
- Repeat the same process again to double coat the shrimp. First dredge the shrimp in the flour mixture, then dip in egg and then coat with breadcrumbs and set aside.
- Coat all the shrimps in the same way.
- Keep all the coated butterfly shrimps in the freezer for minimum 30 minutes.
- Heat oil to deep fry the shrimps.
- Fry them until they turn golden brown.
- Once they are golden brown, remove on an absorbent paper.
- Serve them with tomato ketchup or mayonnaise or any of your favourite dip.
Suggestions and Variations
You can freeze them for a month and consume whenever you wish.
You can increase or decrease amount of all the seasonings as per your taste.
You can skip double coating, as it is time consuming.
But it you want that crispiness in your starter, then don’t omit the double coating.
© 2022 Rozlin