Yummy Sticky Chicken Wings
Golden Brown Chicken Wings
When our grand-kids and daughter came to stay with us for ten days, I had to think of food that was nutritious and kid friendly, at the same time. Nice thing about having my daughter to stay, is that we connect in the kitchen.We both love cooking and so the meal preparations are shared.
The chicken wings recipe is my make up one and so here is what I did to prepare them. I also do not work with set quantities, so you will have to use your good old common sense and guess!
Mix a combination of Bovril or liquid meat extract and mix it with a tablespoon of honey, one dessertspoon corn syrup, garlic and chilli seasoning,Cajun spice and Peri - peri. Just a dash of these ingredients will do the trick.
You can see the quantity of chicken wings from the photo. Next I placed them in a pot on top of the stove and put all the above ingredients of spices into the pot with the chicken. Mixed all together till thoroughly blended together and then put the lid on and steamed them for about 8 to 10 min.
Finished these delicious little wings in a hot oven for about 15 min and browned them of under the grill. Do not put the rack too close to the top as the sugar content on the coating will burn and turn black.
Anyway this is it.
Hope you got the feel and gist of the recipe!
Various Ideas Using A Cooked Chicken
- Cook two or three big chickens in cooking bags and then store in the deep freeze ready to assemble, into a quick party dish for friends, or family. Love to do this ahead of time, so that the preparation is so much easier, on the day of your party.
- Leftover chicken is so nice mixed with some fried rice and herbs and spices. Another meal that is great for a light lunch, or supper dish.To make this extra special, add some fried bacon pieces and mushrooms.
- Take a ready cooked chicken and remove the skin and bones and start by layering it in a flat casserole baking dish with grated cheese, chopped spring onions and a tin of good mushroom soup. Season with garlic flakes, salt and pepper. Crumble potato crisps on the top, mixed with dried bread crumbs. Dot the top with small pieces of butter and bake in a moderate oven, until the top is brown and crisp. Approximately for one hour. Serve with ribbon noodles and a fresh garden salad.
- Ready cooked chicken is such a staple, ready to use with other salad items on a platter for parties on the patio. Try it with a cheese sauce and serve on a lovely oven baked potato, that has been split in the middle. Top with grated cheese and finish under the grill.
- Enjoy creating your own chicken dish, with your own creative twist!
Inspiration collage for chicken dishes
Delicious Chicken Francaise
Baked Chicken Pieces
1 packet of chicken thighs
3 med brown onions
4 med potatoes
1 dessert spoon chicken spice
1 teaspoon mixed herbs
Salt & pepper to taste
2 cups boiling water
1. Place chicken pieces into a large shallow baking dish
2. Cut potatoes & onions into quarters and arrange evenly in between chicken pieces making sure chicken skin side is on top.
3. Pour boiling water into dish
4. Sprinkle mixed herbs and chicken spice over the top of everything
5. Drizzle olive oil over chicken pieces, potato & onions
6. Finish of with ground pepper.
7. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 deg for an hour and a half.
Note: When dishing up use a slotted serving spoon so as to lessen fat and oil intake. The stock can be frozen when cooled and the fat can then be lifted off and disposed of. Use as a stock in your favourite soup or sauce. This dish can be served with baby peas & carrots. Baking the chicken in the water makes the meat very succulent is much healthier to eat.
Hope you enjoy it!
Easy Dish To Try
Diana Carol Abrahamson (author) from Somerset West on October 20, 2020:
We also try and eat more chicken than red meat. I like the fact that it is easily digested, compared to a heavy piece of steak. Keep well :)
Peggy Woods from Houston, Texas on October 20, 2020:
We eat a lot of chicken in our home. It is relatively economical and is a good protein source. I like the sound of your recipes and ideas on how to use chicken. Thanks!
Diana Carol Abrahamson (author) from Somerset West on June 25, 2020:
Thanks Angel for your kind comment. Glad you are part of the chicken club :)
Angel Guzman from Joliet, Illinois on June 24, 2020:
Chicken is very delicious and so many yummy ways to eat it. Once I stuffed a chicken breast with with coconut. Those honey wings look so yum mmm.
Diana Carol Abrahamson (author) from Somerset West on June 24, 2020:
Thanks Lisa. Yes we eat mainly chicken dishes in many forms and flavours and you are right,it is so versatile and reasonably priced too.
Liza from USA on June 24, 2020:
Chicken certainly my favorite when it comes to cooking for my family. I cooked chicken in many types of dishes. Chicken is something that you can be creative at cooking in the kitchen. Thanks for sharing your ideas and recipes.