Brenda is a homegrown Southern woman, mom to three beautiful kids, and wife to the man of her dreams. She loves cooking for her family.
About Crawfish Jambalaya
Crawfish and jambalaya go together like a match made in heaven. It is one of my family's favorite meals, no matter the weather.
Rate This Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon Oil, Such as canola
- 1 16 ounce package Andouille sausage, Cut in 1/4 inch thick slices
- 1 cup Onion, Chopped
- 1 cup Green bell pepper, Chopped
- 1/3 cup Celery, Chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, Chopped
- 2 cup Long grain rice
- 1 Bay leaf
- 3 sprigs Fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne pepper, Add less to reduce heat
- 1 32 ounce carton Chicken broth
- 1 1/2 pounds Crawfish, Peeled, rinsed, and drained
- 1 14.5 ounce can Chopped tomatoes
- 3 Green onions, Chopped
- Got sauce, To serve
- Heat a large coated cast-iron Dutch oven over medium heat until hot.
- Add oil and sausage and cool until sausage is brown about 10 minutes.
- Add onions, and cook, often stirring until onions are softened. About 5 minutes.
- Add bell pepper, celery, and garlic and cook stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender. About 5 minutes.
- Stir in rice, bay leaf, thyme, and cayenne. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring twice.
- Add broth, crawfish, and tomatoes. Bring to a boil over medium-low heat cover and simmer for until rice is cooked about 20 minutes.
- Fold in green onions, and serve with hot sauce
The Dutch oven I used
© 2022 Brenda