Brenda is a homegrown Southern woman, mom to three beautiful kids, and wife to the man of her dreams. She loves cooking for her family.
Crawfish Cornbread Dressing
About Crawfish Cornbread Dressing
While this is great for the holidays, it also goes so well with baked or roast chicken or just as a meal by itself.
Rate This Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 2 cup Onion, Diced
- 1 cup Green bell pepper, Diced
- 1 cup Celery, Diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh thyme, Chopped
- 10 cups Buttermilk cornbread, Cubed
- 3 slices Toast, Cubed
- 1 pound Crawfish tails, Rinsed, and drained
- 2 cups Chicken broth
- 2 large Eggs, Beaten
- 1 teaspoon Poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Salt, To taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper, To taste
- 2 large Hard-boiled eggs
For Buttermilk Cornbread:
- 3 cups Plain yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 2 teaspoon Salt
- 3 cups Buttermilk
- 3/4 cup Butter, Melted
- 3 large Eggs
- For Dressing Preheat oven to 375 spray 13x9 baking dish with spray oil
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions, bell peppers, and celery cook, frequently stirring, until almost tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and thyme, and cook for 1 minute.
- In a large bowel mix, buttermilk cornbread, toast, boiled eggs chopped and cornbread, and crumble half the cubes as you add them.
- Stir onion mix, crawfish, broth, eggs, poultry seasoning, salt, and black pepper. Spoon into baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes uncovered until golden brown. Cover and bake for another 20 minutes.
- For Buttermilk Cornbread Preheat oven to 425 Place a cast-iron skillet in the oven for 10 minutes to get hot.
- In a large bowl, whisk together cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together buttermilk, melted butter, and eggs.
- Pour buttermilk mixture into cornmeal mix. Stir until just combined. Pour mixture into hot cast-iron.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick stuck in the middle of the cornbread comes out clean. Let excellent for at least 20 minutes.
© 2022 Brenda