Nyesha loves writing content about cooking & food recipes, restaurant reviews, movie reviews, television shows, weddings, and poetry.
Recipe for How To Make a Delicious Cornish Hens Dinner
How To Make a Delicious Cornish Hens Dinner - Recipe
CORNISH HENS RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CORNISH HENS
Cornish Hens Recipe - How to Make Cornish Hens Dinner
- Cornish hens are a very enjoyable food for a special dinner meal.
- This simple online recipe for cooking Cornish hens includes the use of chopped roasted peppers and peanuts.
- For this how to make cornish hens recipe, these CORNISH HENS are also garnished with chopped onions.
Have you ever cooked Cornish hens before? If not, would you like to see how to make Cornish hens with this easy recipe?
Have you decided to stay home for Valentine's Day? Here is a recipe for how to make a romantic dinner of Cornish hens at home.
There's something about a Cornish hen dinner that's just special. The 2009 Inauguration celebratory lunch for Barack Obama included a menu of duck and pheasant among other food choices. Like duck or pheasant, Cornish hen seems to fit well in the category for a special meal.
In contrast to my other hub, Restaurants for Valentine's Day, http://hubpages.com/hub/Restaurants-For-Valentines-Day, you can use this easy Cornish hens recipe for staying in at home.
- For this how to make a delicious Cornish hens dinner recipe, you can buy a package of two raw Cornish hens for approximately $6, when on sale in your local supermarket.
- You can keep Cornish hens frozen until you are ready to prepare them or you can cook them fresh within a couple of days of purchase.
- When you are ready to prepare the Cornish hens, allow them to thaw adequately if they were frozen.
- You can either allow the Cornish hens to sit on a shelf in the bottom portion of the refrigerator, overnight or you can allow a package of frozen Cornish hens to sit on the kitchen counter for a while until thawed a bit.
- Remove the packaging from the raw Cornish hens and rinse the meat well with water, lemon and vinegar.
- It is likely that there will be a plastic pack of giblets stuffed in each Cornish hen.
- This must be removed and the innards of the Cornish hen must also be rinsed well.
The cost of Cornish hens
At the time of the writing of this hub, when on sale, you can buy a package of two raw Cornish hens for cooking for just approximately $6.
Food plating of Cornish hen
For food presentation, a well seasoned golden brown baked Cornish hen can look lovely on a white plate.
- Next, after the final rinse, allow the Cornish hens to marinate in a bowl with two teaspoons of olive oil and dashes of the following spices: parsley, garlic, paprika, black pepper, salt, cayenne pepper.
- Line a large, deep baking pan with foil for easy cleanup and coat the foil with a couple drops of olive oil.
- Chop up a medley of green peppers, red peppers, seeded chile peppers, onions and peanuts and set aside.
A garnish for the Cornish hen
- Please see below.
Cooking the Cornish hens
- For this How to Make a Delicious Cornish Hens dinner recipe, in a 400 degree preheated oven or broiler, place the baking pan with the Cornish hens.
- After the first 25 minutes of cooking the Cornish hens, remove the pan from the oven.
- Using tongs, stuff each Cornish hen with some of the peanuts and peppers mix.
- Sprinkle any excess peanuts/peppers on top of each Cornish hen.
Next, for this How to Make Cornish Hens Recipe,
- Around the sides of the Cornish hens, place some slices of raw or slightly pre-boiled potatoes.
- Sprinkle the potatoes with a bit of salt and pepper and place the baking pan in the oven for an additional 25 minutes.
- Flip the potato slices midway during heating (after about 10 minutes).
- Remove pan from oven and enjoy your meal of Cornish hens!
Cook Time for the Cornish Hens
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
1 hour 5 min
Serves two people - one Cornish hen each
How to Make Cornish Hens
Please rate this Cornish hens recipe
Have you ever eaten cornish hens before?
1. Roasted Cornish Game Hens & Candied Sweet Potatoes | Cooking Today
2. Easy Simple Roasted Cornish Game Hens Recipe : How to Make Baked Cornish Hens with Gravy
© 2009 Nyesha Pagnou MPH
Jessica on February 04, 2010:
Are they available at walmart?
Nyesha Pagnou MPH (author) from USA on February 08, 2009:
Hehe, hi guys. Thanks for your comments. Old Firm, thanks for answering LondonGirl's question. -Journey*
LondonGirl from London on February 08, 2009:
I've never noticed on in Cornwall (-:
The Old Firm from Waikato/Bay Of Plenty, New Zealand on February 08, 2009:
I wondered too LondonGirl, It's apparently a physically challenged chook of superior breeding. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornish_game_hen ...
I like the recipe, Journey*, the stuffing is an interesting variation.
LondonGirl from London on February 06, 2009:
How is a Cornish hen different from your average, bog-standard one?
Nyesha Pagnou MPH (author) from USA on February 06, 2009:
Oh, Bob, I hope you're able to find them in your local supermarket. They really are a treat. G-Ma J, thanks for your comment. I'm glad you'll try this recipe. Enjoy! -Journey*
Merle Ann Johnson from NW in the land of the Free on February 05, 2009:
OMG.... I love them and this is a great recipe too...just gonna have ta get some tomorrow and have over this week-end...I can smell them now...yummm Thanks G-ma :O) Hugs & Peace
Bob Ewing from New Brunswick on February 05, 2009:
I have not had a cornish hen in quite sometime. I will have to try them if I can find them here.