Ashly shares food made with LOVE! A self-taught mom chef of three boys, she comes from a long line of amazing homemakers with food flair!
Cheesy Beef & Potato Griller
My husband loves the Taco Bell Cheesy Potato Burrito Griller, they are inexpensive, however, it's a fast food chain, so let's admit it. Anything could have made it into that wrap.
I decided to make my own version of these favored snack wraps for him, we know where the ingredients came from, we know who is handling them with clean hands, and they are bigger and better!
These are also great to freeze and pull out for a quick bite later!
“A burrito is a delicious food item that breaks down all social barriers and leads to temporary spiritual enlightenment.”
— Lisi Harrison
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
makes approx 4 servings (4/5 burritos)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 tablespoons chipotle ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup Velveeta cheese, also try shredded or queso
- 2cups tater tots
- taco seasoning, desired amount
- Brown & Chop Ground Beef Drain excess grease
- Add splash of oil if needed ( I did not) Add Tater Tots chop up with spatula
- Once Tots are cooked, add in ground beef Add Taco Seasoning
- Add Velveeta (or cheese of choice) to potato and beef mixture
- Place scoop or two of mixture on tortilla Add desired amount of Chipotle Ranch per burrito (optional) Roll Tortilla into burrito
- Eat as is... OR Slather a little butter on each side of your burrito and crisp in pan to wonderful golden brown!
- Enjoy! *serve with sour cream and salsa to dip each bite! *If there are any extras put in freezer for quick, easy, man snacks down the road.
Mom Sharpless on June 24, 2019:
You always make yummy burritos. Love you breakfast burritos also.
Ashly Christen (author) from Illinois on June 24, 2019:
Thank you Wesman
He was very excited to devour one of his favorites!
I love how you can put almost anything into a burrito and it is always satisfying! Breakfast burritos are one of my favorites!
Cheers! & Thank you for reading!
Wesman Todd Shaw from Kaufman, Texas on June 24, 2019:
He looks quite happy. In fact, he looks like half the males in my family. Here I am in Texas, and a burrito has been my meal so very many times in life. Potatoes, eggs, meat, beans, cheese, and whatever else - the things just make life more worth living. Cheers!