Nyesha loves writing about cooking/recipes, restaurants, movies, weddings, and poetry.
Recipe for How to Make Roasted Orange Chicken
Recipe for How to Make Roasted Orange Chicken
ROASTED ORANGE CHICKEN is mouth watering food to look at and roasted orange chicken is delicious food to taste! Would you like to learn how to make roasted orange chicken? Here is a recipe for how to make delicious roasted orange chicken!
Very appetizing and appealing, this roasted orange chicken dish is one of my favorite poultry dishes, by far. I hope that you enjoy using this how to make roasted orange chicken recipe.
- A large roasted orange chicken is a food that will look very enticing if displayed at the center of your dining table. This how to make roasted orange chicken recipe can be a go to recipe for making a splendid dinner!
- Get ready to carve that appetizing roasted orange chicken and give everyone a hearty portion of the chicken.
- Below, you will find this how to make delicous roasted orange chicken recipe that is sure to please!
This how to make roasted orange chicken recipe is one of my most favorite chicken recipes. I hope that you will enjoy using this chicken recipe too!
ROASTED ORANGE CHICKEN RECIPE
How To Make Roasted Orange Chicken -
Want to make a plump, juicy roasted orange chicken? Here's how to make this wholesome food!
This is a chicken recipe hub that will discuss how to make roasted orange chicken, using a whole chicken not chicken in pieces.
- Experimenting when cooking food in the kitchen is so much fun!
- When you cook chicken, you might find that you are very influenced by various chicken dishes that you might have tasted in restaurants for example.
If you love Orange Chicken from a Chinese restaurant but are looking for somewhat healthier alternatives, you can try imparting the citrus flavor on the chicken when you cook roast chicken at home.
For example, I enjoy cooking chicken with orange, lemon or lime. I really enjoy making this particular roasted orange chicken.
- I already have a recipe for lemon pepper chicken wings in another one of my hubs.
- I probably like cooking food with lime most of all and you can look out for various recipes that I will write regarding cooking with lime and/or using lime as a garnish.
- This particular roast chicken dinner recipe discusses cooking roast chicken with orange.
- I hope that you will enjoy this chicken recipe for how to make roasted orange chicken.
- It is amazing how delicious cooking ROAST CHICKEN with orange can be and how appealing the roasted chicken can look when presented on a table with orange slices as a garnish.
Sweet, juicy and fresh orange slices on top of hot, savory and delicious chicken that is well seasoned.
Roasted Orange Chicken
The ingredients for this roasted orange chicken recipe make the chicken such a savory food.
1. What you will need to make this ROASTED ORANGE CHICKEN
RECIPE FOR HOW TO MAKE ROASTED ORANGE CHICKEN
- A large whole raw chicken for roasting
- apple cider vinegar
- garlic powder
- black pepper
- red pepper flakes
- 2-3 whole navel oranges, sliced (leave the orange peel on)
- rice, to serve with the prepared chicken and sauce
I love to cook roasted chicken, a satisfying and tasty food.
2. Instructions for How to Make Roasted Orange Chicken
- I cook a roasted chicken fairly frequently. For this particular roasted ORANGE chicken dish, I use a lot of my standard spices as a rub on the cleaned raw chicken. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels after washing it. Rub a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar on to the chicken skin. Then sprinkle the chicken with various spices for lots of flavor.
- For this roasted orange chicken, I recommend using a generous portion (1 tbspn) of garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon black pepper, 1 teaspoon parsley, 1/2 teaspoon paprika, 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes on both the outside and in the cavity of the chicken.
- If you have extra time, you can place the whole chicken in the fridge in a bowl covered with foil or saran wrap and let the seasonings set in for 1-2 hours or even overnight but I have cooked this roasted orange chicken with limited time by placing the chicken directly into the oven after seasoning it (with no extra time for lengthy marinating) and it still turned out great.
3. Place the whole raw chicken in the oven
4. For this how to make roasted orange chicken recipe, allow your oven to preheat a bit at 375 degrees and then place the chicken in a roasting pan and in the oven to cook.
- A Perdue oven stuffer roaster whole raw chicken can cook well within an hour and a half.
- I like the chicken meat to be very tender and practically falling off the bone when it is sliced with a knife.
5. Half an hour into the roast chicken cooking process, you should remove the chicken from the oven for the first time to baste it in its own juices.
- For this how to make roasted orange chicken recipe, you can use a glazing brush or just a spoon where you scoop up some of the drippings in the pan next to the chicken and pour it back over the chicken.
Whole milk helps to make the roast chicken's orange sauce so creamy and delicious, a hearty treat.
4. Creamy orange sauce for the roasted orange chicken
6. Next in how to make roasted orange chicken, you can take 2-3 large navel oranges, wash them and slice them to ready them for placing on the chicken.
7. The next half hour into the roast chicken cooking process ( when a full hour of chicken's time in the oven has passed), remove the chicken from the oven again.
- Squeeze some of the juice of the orange on to the chicken and arrange the remaining orange slices on top of the chicken.
- Take a tablespoon of enriched white flour and a 1/2 cup of milk and pour them right into the chicken drippings that are in the pan.
- This will thicken your roast chicken's orange sauce and naturally yield a gorgeous creamy orange color in addition to the orange flavor.
Allow the roasted orange chicken to cool for a few minutes and then serve it at the dinner table. Enjoy!
A last half hour of cooking time - then cool, serve & enjoy your roasted orange chicken!
8. Place the roasting pan back in the oven for the roasted orange chicken's last half hour of cooking time then turn off the oven, allow the roasted orange chicken to cool for a few minutes and present the chicken at the dining table.
- This roasted orange chicken is delicious on a bed of white rice (or brown rice if you prefer it).
Enjoy your delicious roasted orange chicken!
Please rate this roasted chicken recipe
Cook Time for Roasted Orange Chicken
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
1 hour 30 min
1 hour 45 min
3 ounces per person for healthy portion control
1. Another orange glazed chicken recipe (from SaltonBite TV at YouTube)
2. Oven Roasted Citrus Chicken | One Pot Chef
3. Easy Chicken Recipes - Herb and Citrus Oven Roasted Chicken Parts Recipe | CookingwithSugarTV
Do you roast a chicken at home often?
© 2011 Nyesha Pagnou MPH
Comments : Please comment on this roasted orange chicken recipe. Thanks!
Nyesha Pagnou MPH (author) from USA on September 24, 2020:
Thanks so much for your comment on this recipe! I hope that you will enjoy trying this at home when you get a chance to / some time to do so.
Liza from USA on April 14, 2020:
I never roasted a whole chicken at home as it was not part of my food culture. However, I'm willing to try this at home because orange roasted chicken sounds so good. Yes, I have eaten Chinese orange chicken, and I liked it. It's perfect as a family meal. Thanks for sharing Nyesha.
Nyesha Pagnou MPH (author) from USA on April 09, 2020:
Thanks so much for your great comment on this chicken recipe hub. I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment after reading the chicken recipe info.
Mitara N from South Africa on April 07, 2020:
oooooh Yum, Your dish looks absolutely delicious. I will definitely be trying it
Thank you for sharing
Nyesha Pagnou MPH (author) from USA on April 07, 2019:
Dora Weithers from The Caribbean on April 06, 2019:
Thanks for the recipe. The picture looks great and I'm sure that the orange will provide the right taste.
Nyesha Pagnou MPH (author) from USA on June 04, 2018:
Thanks so much! I really appreciate your nice comment on this roasted orange chicken recipe.
peachy from Home Sweet Home on May 30, 2018:
Looks so delicious and mouth watering
Nyesha Pagnou MPH (author) from USA on April 02, 2017:
Suzan, Thanks very much!
Suzan from Ohio on February 22, 2017:
this looks soo yummy!! I wish I had more time to cook during the week. :-)
Nyesha Pagnou MPH (author) from USA on January 05, 2015:
You're very welcome. I'm glad that this roasted chicken with orange slices recipe is something new and different to you and that you would like to try it. Thanks so much for commenting. Thanks for the vote up as well!
- Journey *
Chitrangada Sharan from New Delhi, India on December 31, 2014:
This is different and I haven't tried cooking chicken with orange slices. From the picture and instructions it looks interesting and delicious. I would definitely like to try it.
Thanks for sharing the details! Voted up!
Nyesha Pagnou MPH (author) from USA on August 09, 2014:
Hi Iris, I'm so glad that you think this roasted chicken recipe & the roasted chicken photos look delicious. Thanks for taking the time to post this positive comment. I appreciate it!
Cristen Iris from Boise, Idaho on August 08, 2014:
That looks delicious. I'll be making that very soon!
Nyesha Pagnou MPH (author) from USA on July 26, 2014:
Hi Deborah, Thanks!
Deborah Neyens from Iowa on July 24, 2014:
Yum! I'm pinning this.
Nyesha Pagnou MPH (author) from USA on July 02, 2014:
Hi moonlake, thank you very much!
moonlake from America on July 02, 2014:
This sounds really good. I love chicken anytime. Voted up.
Nyesha Pagnou MPH (author) from USA on June 17, 2014:
Hi Peggy W, thank you so much!! I'll follow you on Pinterest. See you there. :)
Peggy Woods from Houston, Texas on June 17, 2014:
This sounds and looks delicious! Will be giving this a try soon. Gave it a 5 star rating, up votes and will pin to my fowl recipes board.
Nyesha Pagnou MPH (author) from USA on August 15, 2013:
You're welcome Vacation Trip and thanks for the vote up!
Susan from India on May 14, 2013:
This looks simply mouth watering. Thank you for sharing. Voted up.
Nyesha Pagnou MPH (author) from USA on March 27, 2011:
Hello, hello, you're welcome. Thanks for posting the nice comment.
Hello, hello, from London, UK on March 27, 2011:
Ohhhh that sounds and looks great. Thank you for sharing.
Nyesha Pagnou MPH (author) from USA on March 27, 2011:
Awww, thanks Reflecting Pool. I think that calling me creative is one of the biggest compliments. It's what I strive to be.:-)
Reflecting Pool from The other side of the coop on March 27, 2011:
Nummmmm! Wish I was this creative.. but heck.. I have YOU to do it for me! Thanks Journey! (bookmarked it!!)
Nyesha Pagnou MPH (author) from USA on March 24, 2011:
Thanks a lot puter_dr and PaperNotes!
PaperNotes on March 23, 2011:
that looks delicious! thanks for sharing recipe/instructions!
Mike Bouska from Midwest USA on March 22, 2011:
Looks quite enticing