Anna is a Secondary School teacher from Perth Australia, that has lived and worked in Malaysia for 14 years.
- 150g Active starter ( straight from the fridge is fine)
- 400g Strong bread flour ( >11% protein)
- 150g of water ( more may be needed)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt ( I like to use sea salt)
1. Weigh out starter.
2. Add water.
3. Add flour.
4. Add salt.
5. Allow to autolyse/fermolyse for 20 minutes - 1 hour.
6. Mix with a spoon or butter knife. Slowly adding water if needed until a dough is formed.
7. Leave for 20 minutes.
8. Kneed by pulling the edges into the middle. Place seam on the bottom.
9. Need every 1/2 an hour to 1 hour for 4 hours. If you miss a time dot worry. If the time you allow for the bulk proof is longer ie 6/7 hours also no worries.
10. At the end of the bulk proof, shape the loaf and place in a floured banneton.
11. Cover with a shower cap or place banneton into a plastic container and refrigerate overnight or up to 48 hours
12. When ready to bake place loaf on baking paper, slash the top with a sharp knife, place into a room temperature dutch oven.
13. Put lid on dutch oven and place in a cold oven. Set temperature for 220 degrees celsius.
14 Cook for 1 hr lid on
15. Remove loaf from Dutch oven allow to cool. Cut bread and enjoy!
© 2020 Anna