Nyesha loves writing content about cooking & food recipes, restaurant reviews, movie reviews, television shows, weddings, and poetry.
How to Make Delicious Steak and Potatoes - A Large & Satisfying Portion
Recipe for How to Make Colossal Steak and Potatoes
Recipe for How to Make Colossal Steak and Potatoes
This hub will discuss a recipe for how to make colossal steak and potatoes dinner.
Would you like to know how to make the best colossal steak and potatoes? If yes, then please read on!
STEAK is great!
When it comes to food and cooking, I really enjoy cooking this steak. This steak is big, huge. This steak is colossal!
This is great food to eat and my family gets well satisfied when I cook this dish and they eat the steak heartily.
- This big and juicy beef steak dinner is sure to please.
- Men, women and children alike will enjoy digging into this colossal sized steak & potatoes meal.
- This hearty meal of colossal sized beef steak and potatoes will be sure to satisfy the hungriest of bellies.
This large and fresh raw beef steak with a marble to it was found to be very reasonably priced as far as steak goes, in the grocery store. If it wasn’t a great price, I was not going to be taking the steak home.
- Needless to say, this huge fresh beef steak made a terrific, delicious and economical meal for my family.
- We were all able to partake of a large portion of the beef steak.
Oven fried potatoes paired very well with this beef steak meal. This mega sized meal left our bellies warm and full. When you feel so satiated after a meal like this, you won’t be looking around for food again for quite a long while. You’ll want to burn off these calories before putting any more food in your mouth any time too soon!
COLOSSAL STEAK AND POTATOES RECIPE
Preparing this colossal steak and potatoes meal is really very simple if you'd like to know how to make it.
If you are lucky enough to find a large slab of beef steak at a great price in your local supermarket, like I did, then you will want to grab it to purchase, take it home and prep it for cooking.
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash hands well with soap and water.
- Remove all packaging from the beef steak meat and rinse the beef meat well, prior to cooking.
- Pat it dry with clean paper towels.
- Using a baking tray that is preferably lined with foil for easy clean up, grease it with cooking oil and place the large beef steak in the center of the baking tray (You will want to use a baking tray with some depth to catch drippings from the beef meat during the cooking process, not a baking tray that is too shallow.
- Wash hands well again.
- For this how to make colossal steak and potatoes recipe, select some herbs and seasonings and sprinkle on, to flavor the beef steak meat prior to cooking.
- Preferred seasonings for the recipe for this colossal steak and potatoes dish are
- black pepper,
- garlic powder and
- optionally, crushed red pepper flakes.
(about 1 teaspoon of each.)
For cooking this steak, you can add or reduce seasonings as you desire.
Cooking your colossal sized beef steak
8. Pour one tablespoon of water on and around the large steak and place it in the pre-heated oven at the 400 degrees setting. After the first 20 minutes of cooking, open the oven, temporarily remove the baking tray with the large beef steak, cover the baking tray containing the large beef steak with foil and place it back into the oven. Reduce the oven heat to 375 degrees and allow the steak to continue cooking for 1 hour.
9. Then, reduce the heat again, this time to 350 degrees and allow your colossal sized beef steak to keep cooking for 30 more minutes. It should be cooked to satisfaction by the end of this 30 minutes. Turn off the oven.
Cook Time for the Steak
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
1 hour 50 min
10. Wash and scrub several potatoes (the precise number of potatoes that you use is up to you can will likely depend on how many people you are serving this meal to. I think that anywhere from 4 to 8 potatoes might suit you when cooking this colossal steak and potatoes dish)
11. boil the potatoes on the stovetop in a cooking pot with boiling water but not until fully cooked and soft.
12. Stop boiling the potatoes when they are still only about halfway cooked and still very firm in texture.
Drain the boiling water from the pot and rinse the hot potatoes in some cooler water.
13. Peel the potato skin off of the potatoes and cut the potatoes up slicing in a shape similar to the shape of the oven baked fries that you see in the photos of this hub.
Baking the potatoes
14. In their own foil lined and greased baking tray, arrange the slices of potatoes and sprinkle assorted seasonings on the slices of potatoes.
- black pepper
- and paprika
are great examples of seasonings to use for the potatoes. Use seasoning sparingly. Using about 1 to 1 ½ teaspoon of each seasoning should suffice.
15. Remove the baking tray containing the colossal sized beef steak from the oven and add the baking tray containing the potatoes to the oven. Turn the oven back on to 400 degrees.
16. Leave the baking tray with the potatoes cooking in the oven for 15 minutes, then remove the baking tray containing the potatoes.
17. Flip the potatoes over with a spatula and place the baking tray with the potatoes back in to the oven.
18. Bake the potatoes for an additional 10 minutes, then turn off the heat on the oven.
Colossal size steak and potatoes
Now, everything is ready! Enjoy your colossal steak and potatoes meal!
Condiments such as Ranch dressing and a generous helping of ketchup will go well with this colossal steak and potatoes dish!
(Something to consider with this colossal steak and potatoes recipe is: just note that optionally and if well timed correctly, you can readily coordinate having both the steak and the potatoes cooking in the oven simultaneously, placing the baking trays side by side or on separate shelves of the oven.
Cooking two different dishes at the same time, on separate shelves of the oven is something that I do on numerous occasions and it is electricity saving when using an electric oven as it would also be gas saving when using a gas oven.
If you choose to do this, then just be sure check your heat settings and adjust cooking time for each item, the steak and the potatoes, accordingly, removing one food item [the potatoes] from the oven if necessary because it has finished cooking, while allowing another food item [the steak] to remain in the oven and finish cooking.
For example, in an oven pre-heated to 400 degrees, you can have the baking tray with the steak on the top shelf of the oven and the baking tray with the potatoes on the bottom shelf of the oven.
Take the baking tray with the potatoes out the oven after the first 15 minutes, flip the potato slices over with the spatula and place the baking tray with the potatoes back in the oven for ten more minutes.
Then remove the baking tray with the potatoes from the oven completely. All the while, the steak has been cooking a bit and will continue cooking. Reduce heat of the oven down to 375 degrees at this time.
Will you please rate this beef steak recipe? Thanks!
© 2018 Nyesha Pagnou MPH
Nyesha Pagnou MPH (author) from USA on May 29, 2018:
Hi peachy, Thanks for your comment on this steak recipe hub. Believe me, I understand. Lately, my family does not eat as much steak as we used to either. I think that chicken breast with potatoes, presented on the plate in a similar way would make a great meal as well. Thanks for your suggestion.
peachy from Home Sweet Home on May 20, 2018:
Steak is expensive, maybe chicken?