Sienna is a Certified Holistic Wellness & Nutrition Coach specializing in Autoimmune Health.
Chocolate Hemp Protein Shake
This is my favorite work day breakfast, it's ready in 5 minutes and I can enjoy it on my morning commute. Full of amazing superfoods, you are giving your body the best start to the day, It's like having a chocolate milkshake for breakfast that you can feel great about!
One of the key ingredients in this shake is Dandy Blend. It is a coffee alternative which consists of roasted dandelion and chicory root, it still provides that rich bitter coffer taste. If you are trying to cut coffee, this is a great product to replace it with. It helps to mitigate the withdrawal effects, plus it acts as a great liver detoxifier, and provides a slow release of energy.
Hemp Protein Powder
For me, any whey based protein powder makes me super sick, I've tried a lot of plant based protein powder, but I'm not a fan of pea protein or pumpkin seed protein. I came across hemp seed protein powder, and I am obsessed! Not only is it a great source of protein (approx. 2-3 tbsp equals to about 11 grams of protein), it is also rich in omegas, and essential amino acids. Added to this protein shake, you don't even taste it.
Maca is known to balance hormones and increase libido, although it should be noted to start with only 1 tsp, and gradually increase as large amounts can upset your stomach. It can also reduce blood pressure, boost stamina and endurance, and fighting free radicals.
I always rave about collagen peptides for aiding in ligament and skin health. It can help prevent dryness in skin, and fighting to reduce the appearance of wrinkles. Collagen peptides is also popular for post workout nutrition, since it can promote building healthy muscle mass. I personally love collagen peptides since it helps reduce joint pain, and preventing stiff joints.
• 1/2 frozen banana
• 4-7 ice cubes
• 3/4 cup plant based milk (I prefer almond milk)
• 1 tbsp maple syrup
• 1 tbsp almond butter
• 1 tsp dandy blend ( click here to order! )
• couple dashes of cinnamon
• 1 scoop unsweetened hemp protein powder
• 1/2 tbsp maca powder
• 1/2 tbsp cacao powder
• 1 scoop collagen powder
1. In your blender, add the frozen banana followed by the ice cubes and milk. Next, I add the almond butter, dandy blend, cinnamon and hemp protein.
2. Add remaining ingredients, and blend for a few minutes until all combined and thoroughly blended.
3. Top with your favorites, I usually sprinkle a little more cinnamon, hulled hemp seeds, shredded coconut, granola, or chocolate chips, just to give you a few ideas. Or add nothing at all! You could even enjoy it in a bowl with a lot of toppings, it's the perfect on the go breakfast, that will keep you full until lunch.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and does not substitute for diagnosis, prognosis, treatment, prescription, and/or dietary advice from a licensed health professional. Drugs, supplements, and natural remedies may have dangerous side effects. If pregnant or nursing, consult with a qualified provider on an individual basis. Seek immediate help if you are experiencing a medical emergency.
© 2021 Sienna