Brenda is a homegrown Southern woman, mom to three beautiful kids, and wife to the man of her dreams. She loves cooking for her family.
Chocolate drizzled honeycomb candy
About chocolate drizzled honeycomb candy
My whole family loves this crunchy sweet candy. I keep some in my snack jar all the time. They a perfect when you have a sweet craving.
Rate this recipe
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Cold water
- 2 Tablespoons Light corn syrup
- 4 Tablespoons Honey
- 2 teaspoons Bourbon, Opt
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 Dark chocolate candy bar
- 1/2 cup Shortening, Like crisco
- Line a cookie sheet pan with parchment paper and spray with spray oil
- In a 7-quart pot, stir together sugar, 1/2 cup cold water, corn syrup, honey, bourbon, vanilla, and salt till well combined.
- Bring to a boil without stirring over medium-high heat. Cook without stirring until candy thermometer reads 308-310
- Remove pot from heat. Whisk in baking soda until well combine ( it will bubble a lot)
- Once sugar mix stops bubbling up and turns golden color. Pour on to cookie sheet.
- Let cool completely about 20-30 minutes. Break into pieces.
- In a microwave safe bowl add chocolate and shortening, microwave on high in 10 seconds intervals until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- With spoon drizzle chocolate over honey candy. Let stand until chocolate is set about 10 minutes.