Cristale is an online author and publisher. Her articles vary in topics and focus on life situations.
Mmmm....Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Dark Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries
Now there is a new way to serve these healthy red strawberries!
Dipped in dark chocolate and served on a warm and fluffy dark chocolate cupcake.
Most people love cupcakes and fresh fruit toppings, so why not mix them together into a sweet treat that is unforgettable? The juicy and bright red berries generously dipped into dark chocolate can sit comfortably on top of a smooth dark chocolate cupcake topped with strawberry buttercream or whipped frosting. The strawberries can also be topped again with extra creamy melted dark chocolate. Other fruit may also be substituted onto other types of cupcake flavors for something unique and creative, like raspberries or bananas on top of a yellow cupcake. These cupcakes can be served any time and for any occasion, because they are so very easy and pretty.
*The really cool thing about this recipe is that it does encourage creativity with sprinkles, chocolate chips, swirls, and so many more options.
Perfect for Valentine's Day!
Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Cupcakes
Strawberries contain high amounts of antioxidants, fiber, and vitamin C. Consuming strawberries often can result in anti-aging and cancer-fighting properties, along with maintaining a healthy digestive system. This particular fruit is also healthy for eyes and vision because of the increased blood flow from a large number of antioxidants that strawberries contain. Fresh, or even frozen, strawberries contain many vitamins and nutrients that are healthy for the heart because they can reduce the risk of heart disease. Current research suggests that eating only 8 strawberries a day can improve heart health, lower blood pressure, reduce inflammation, reduce the risk of cancers, and even improve cognitive function. Pregnant women who eat strawberries can lower the risks of birth defects in their children, such as spina bifida. Here are some fun facts about strawberries:
- An average, single strawberry contains 200 seeds.
- 94% of Americans eat strawberries regularly.
- Strawberry plants can tolerate almost any garden soil but the richer the soil, the larger the strawberries,
Savory Dark Chocolate
Dark chocolate contains many health benefits that people in different age groups can benefit from. The best trait about this type of chocolate is that it is natural, with little or no additives. Since dark chocolate is the purest form of cocoa, that means more antioxidants, more fiber, and also increased blood flow. Other chocolate types, like white chocolate and milk chocolate, contain high levels of saturated fat, cholesterol, and sugar. Dark chocolate is the cure for most common ailments, like depression or coughing. Dark chocolate also aids in the protection and the fight against certain cancers. Eating dark chocolate every day can reduce the risk of heart disease by one-third. So whatever the ailment may be, it seems like dark chocolate may be the cure-all. Some fun facts about dark chocolate are:
- Every second americans consume 100 pounds of chocolate.
- Chocolate has an anti-bacterial property that reduces tooth decay.
- Dark chocolate goes well with fresh strawberries and white wine.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 1 box cake mix, dark chocolate
- 1 cup buttermilk, instead of water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons strawberry puree, from 1/2 cup of fresh strawberries
- 1 cup butter, unsalted, firm, and slightly cold
- 3 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 24 whole strawberries, medium size
- dark chocolate, for melting
- 1 piping bag
Be Sure it's Dark Chocolate Cake Mix!
- CUPCAKES: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line large muffin pan with paper liners. Beat together cake mix, buttermilk, vegetable oil, and eggs on medium-high speed for 2 minutes. Divide batter evenly among all cupcake liners, filling each liner between half and 2/3 of the way full. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean after poking the cupcake's middle. Do not bake in excess of 1-2 minutes longer than the original time. Let cupcakes cool, then transfer to cupcake wire to completely cool.
- FROSTING: Beat butter on medium speed until light and fluffy. Slowly add confectioner's sugar and beat until well combined. Add vanilla extract and strawberry puree to the mixture. Mix just until blended. *If frosting is too thick - add more puree. *If frosting is too watery - add more sugar.
- Add frosting into piping bag and pipe frosting onto completely cooled cupcakes.
- Add one dark chocolate covered strawberry to the top of each cupcake.
- OPTIONAL: Apply remaining melted dark chocolate on top of each dark chocolate dipped strawberry cupcake for more dark chocolate decadence.
More Cupcake Recipes
- Amazing and Creative Cupcake Recipes
Are you looking for creative cupcake recipes that will make your friends ask for more? Look no further--these amazing cupcake recipes will make your cupcakes the highlight of the next dinner party. Whether you like strawberry mint, white chocolate or
- How to Make Magdalenas - Spanish Cupcakes Recipe
These lemon-scented mini cakes are traditional for breakfast in Spain, but also make a wonderful snack or light dessert. They are easy to make that this will quickly become a go-to recipe!
- Custard-Filled Chocolate Cupcakes - Recipe with Pict...
Step-by-step instructions on how to make cupcakes from scratch. Plus, mouthwatering photos and nutrition information.
© 2012 Cristale Adams
Cristale Adams (author) from Florida on April 15, 2013:
Thank you for reading and enjoying this hub.
Susan from India on April 14, 2013:
This is simply mouth watering. Voted up. Thanks for sharing this superb recipe.
Cristale Adams (author) from Florida on March 07, 2013:
Thank you for reading!
FullOfLoveSites from United States on March 06, 2013:
The first word I elicited... only WOW! I realized my mouth is watering now...
Strawberries and chocolate are a match made in heaven.
Cristale Adams (author) from Florida on August 08, 2012:
Christine from Michigan on August 08, 2012:
These strawberries and cupcakes look so yummy!!
Cristale Adams (author) from Florida on August 02, 2012:
Thank you so much. And it's kind of healthy for you too!
KeriProctor88 from Georgia on August 02, 2012:
These are all amazing!!!! I wish that I was that creative in the kitchen, maybe one day I will master it. A chocolate covered strawberry on top of a cupcake now that looks good!
Cristale Adams (author) from Florida on July 30, 2012:
That was the point of this hub :)
Becky Bruce from San Diego, CA on July 30, 2012:
My mouth is literally watering.....
Cristale Adams (author) from Florida on July 30, 2012:
Good luck! Let me know how it goes down :)
Martin Kloess from San Francisco on July 29, 2012:
The cupcakes might make the kissing a bit messy, but I'm game. wish me luck... ;)