Delicious Layered Cake
Extra icing flavour
Add some caramel essence to chocolate icing for that dreamy taste. Chocolate and coffee essence also goes well together.
My Own Chocolate Cake Recipe
2 cups cake flour
2 table spoons cocoa
Pinch of salt
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup cold water
4 Tablespoons vegetable or olive oil
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 teaspoon powdered cinnamon
1. Melt sugar, cocoa, oil & water on stove then cool slightly
2. Sift the salt, flour and baking powder together.
3. Separate egg yolks and egg whites. Beat egg yolks and add cooled cocoa mixture to it.
4. Add the flour mixture.
5. Beat egg whites stiffly and add fold gently in to mixture.
6. Add the vanilla.
Bake in oven at 180 degree Celsius for about 30 minutes.
Ice with a chocolate icing of your choice.
Turn your cake into a dessert
Chocolate cakes can also be served as desserts with chocolate sauce or custard. Also add some pecan nuts for some extra crunch.
Try This Dessert
Another Version of the Dessert
Chocolate Coffee Mousse - with layers of crumbled tea biscuits
1 large tin evaporated milk (chilled)
1 tablespoon gelatin
3/4 cup white sugar
4 dessert spoons cocoa
2 teaspoons instant coffee
1 packet of plain coconut tea biscuits
Glace cherries and whipped creams for decoration
1) Dissolve the gelatin about 1/2 cup boiling water and mix with sugar, cocoa and coffee. Make sure you use boiling water to mix gelatin to dissolve, otherwise you might get hard lumps, at the bottom of your dessert!
2) Beat milk until frothy and add to other ingredients
3) layer pudding and biscuit crumbs only twice / One above a layer of pud at bottom of glass serving bowl and last one, on top.
4) Allow to set
Decorate with glace cherries and dollops of whipped cream.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- August 4th Is National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day (With Recipe)
Did you know August 4th is National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day in the United States? Let's celebrate the day by making America's favorite cookie and sharing these sweet treats with your loved ones.
Five Cake Recipes To Wow Your Guests
Chocolate cake collage
Diana Carol Abrahamson (author) from Somerset West on July 07, 2020:
Thanks so much. Chocolate is my favourite and a real weakness :)
Sp Greaney from Ireland on July 06, 2020:
I love reading other people's chocolate recipes because each one is so different and this looks delicious. Nice recipe.
Diana Carol Abrahamson (author) from Somerset West on April 01, 2020:
If you have the time and inclination..is delicious! Thanks for popping in at my hub.
Mitara N from South Africa on March 31, 2020:
Thanks for sharing