I am a chef who loves to cook, write recipes, and grow my own ingredients.
Cake has been an all-time favorite dessert all around the world. But did you know that cakes can either be baked or chilled? Best example of a chilled cake is this Choco Banana Icebox Cake recipe. The icebox cake is a no-bake multi layered cake made by crackers, biscuits, cupcakes or similar product as a base then whipped cream and topped with fruits or any other ingredients. This kind of cake is highly recommended to those who don't have any knowledge in baking and don't have too much time on their hands. So if you want to make an easy to prepare dessert at home, follow the simple steps below.
- half can of 410 ml Angel Kremdensada, whipped (stiff peaks)
- 2 pack (20 pieces) Fudgee Barr chocolate cake, sliced in half
- 3 pouches (250 ml each) Nestle All Purpose Cream, whipped (stiff peaks)
- 10 pieces medium size Ripe banana, Sliced
- 1 large bowl
- 1 medium bowl
- 1 large plate
- wire whisk
- chopping board
- hand mixer or stand mixer (optional)
- baking pan (small or medium)
|Prep time||Ready in||Yields|
Serves 3 to 4
- Chill Angel Kremdensada and Nestle All Purpose Cream together with the mixing bowl and wire whisk for at least 4 hours to achieve a fluffy consistency.
- Beat chilled cream until it holds stiff peaks. Set aside.
- Take a piece of Fudgee Barr chocolate cake and break into pieces. Set aside.
- Make a thin lining of whipped cream at the bottom of baking pan to hold the first layer of chocolate cake.
- Cover the first layer of chocolate cake with 1/3 the amount of whipped cream and 1/2 the amount of sliced bananas.
- Top with the second layer of chocolate cake, 1/3 the amount of whipped cream and 1/2 the amount of sliced bananas.
- Finally, top with the third layer of chocolate cake and the remaining amount of whipped cream.
- Garnish Choco Banana Icebox Cake with the broken Fudgee Barr chocolate cake.
- Cover the baking pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate it within at least 4 hours or until firm.
Tips and Techniques
- Make sure to chill all purpose cream before using it to keep fat particles stick together. This results to maximum increase in volume and better texture.
- Chill all equipment used for whipping the cream to ensure that it stays cold all through out the whipping process.
- Slice bananas to offer a chunky texture.
- Replace Angel Kremdensada with half pouch (250ml) of all purpose cream and half can (380 grams) of condensed milk.
- Add more condensed milk to make Choco Banana Icebox Cake sweeter.
- Slice bananas into pieces just immediately before using to prevent it from browning.
- Sprinkle pre-sliced bananas with a little lemon juice to avoid discoloration.
- Use any fruits available to replace banana.
- Choose other flavor of cake bar or any similar cakes found in the supermarket.
- Keep Choco Banana Icebox Cake refrigerated to maintain its quality.
Other Delicious Sweet Treats
- How to Make Pastimallows (Marshmallow Pastillas de Leche)
Have you ever heard of pastimallows? They are a combination of pastillas and marshmallows. Try this famous milk-based sweet delicacy with a twist that originated in the Philippines.
- How to Make Fried Banana Egg Rolls (Turon): A Filipino-Inspired Snack
Are you a fan of Filipino cuisine? If you love sweet treats, try making this famous Filipino street food at home. This recipe is easy to follow, and the resulting snack is delicious!
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2022 Travel Chef