Here is a quick and easy chilli crab recipe. This recipe involves crab pieces cooked in a chili sauce, corn starch, pepper, ginger, garlic, egg and lime juice. You can garnish crab with fresh coriander leaves.
- Dungeness crab -2
- Onions - 2, chopped
- Dry red chilies - 5
- Ground black pepper - 1/4 teaspoon
- Ginger - 2 tablespoons minced
- Garlic - 1 tablespoons minced
- Cooking oil - 2 tablespoons
- Thai chilli sauce or chilli sauce - 1/4 cup
- Ketchup - 1/4 cup
- water - 1 cup
- Cornstarch - 1 tablespoons dissolved with 1 tablespoons of water
- Lime juice - 1 tablespoon
- Egg - 1 lightly beaten
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
How to make chilli crab:
Wash and clean the crabs. Remove the gills and spongy parts under the shell. Cut the body into 4 pieces. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil, and sauté the onions. Fry the onions until light brown and add ginger, garlic and red chillies. Cook on a medium flame for about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the crabs and stir well until there is change in color on the crab shells. Now add chilli sauce, ketchup, water and mix well and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on a medium flame. Finally add egg and corn starch and stir well for 3 minutes. Cover and cook the crab for another 4 minutes. Garnish with coriander leaves. You can also substitute cooked shrimp, king crab legs, and lobster.
Chilli crab recipe
- How to make crab cake recipe
- Sorpotel Goan Recipe
- How to make Chicken Briyani: Indian Rice Recipe
- Bisquick coffee cake recipe
- Mutton Nihari Recipe
- How to make Spicy Indian Crab Curry Recipe
karan on February 28, 2012:
Very good recepie, not too complicated and tastes great. Everyone loved it.. Thankyou!
Juhari on July 15, 2011:
With your cili crab recipe, I cooked for my house warming guests. They all said, yummmmmiee!!!
Ekliahs on September 14, 2010:
I LUV LUV LUV UR CILLICRUB!!
Latifah on November 25, 2009:
My family lúv your cilicrab it taste like heaven