This elegant terrine is flecked with parsley and green peppercorns, which give it a lovely subtle flavour. For a little stronger flavour replace the parsley with a fresh coriander. It nicely matches with the flavour of lemon.
This recipe makes 6 to 8 servings.
- 225 grams (8 ounces) rindless, streaky (fatty) bacon
- 375 grams (13 ounces) skinless, boneless chicken breast portions
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 225 grams (8 ounces) lean, minced pork
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon green peppercorns, crushed
- vegetable oil: for greasing
- salad leaves, radishes and lemon wedges: to serve
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (325°F/Gas Mark 3). Put th bacon on a board and stretch it using the back of a knife before arranging it in overlapping slices over the base and sides of a 900g (2 lb) loaf tin (pan).
- Cut the 115g (4oz) of the chicken into the strips about 10cm 74 in length. Sprinkle with lemon juice and set aside. Put the rest of the chicken in a food processor or blender with the minced pork and the onion. Process until fairly smooth.
- Add the eggs, parsley, salt and peppercorns to the meat mixture and process again briefly. Spoon half the mixture into the loaf tin and then level the surface.
- Arrange the reserved chicken strips on top; then spoon in the remaining meat mixture and smooth the top. Give the tin a couple of sharp taps on the work surface to knock out any pockets of air.
- Cover the loaf tin with a piece of oiled foil and put in a roasting pan. Pour in enough hot water to come halfway up to sides of the loaf tin. Bake for about 45-50 minutes, until the terrine is firm.
- Leave the terrine to cool in the tin before turning out on the plate and chilling in the refrigerator.
- Serve the terrine in slices, with salad leaves, radishes and wedges of lemon for squeezing.
More recipes by RASO
- Very Easy Lasagna Recipe ever made
Easy lasagna recipe is a dish casual and easy enough for everyday dinners, yet with a bit of modification to your favorite beef lasagna recipe, it can easily be made appropriate for family gatherings.
Copyright 2013 by RASO.
RASO (author) from Slovenia on September 10, 2012:
@Stessily and once again thank you, your comments make my day positive. :)
stessily on May 05, 2012:
RASO, This recipe is easy and interesting. As I read your clear instructions, I could imagine how tasty and flavorful it would be, fresh out of the oven. UABI. (Can't find the UP vote.)
Kind regards, Stessily