Hi Foodies! I am Urwa Khan, This chicken potli samosa recipe a dish of an aromatic parcel that mimics the shape of wontons is easy to make.
Potli means a traditional purse or small bag in Urdu. Chicken potli samosa, a dish that mimics the shape of a potli is an easy-to-make aromatic parcel of minced chicken and spices. These Chicken Chinese Potli Samosa Wontons make for a great Pak-Chinese appetizer to serve at parties. These are simple to make and can you imagine how they’d look when you serve them as a snack alongside some sauce.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Water as required
- 2 tablespoons fennel seeds
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon red chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon fenugreek dried
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon nigella seeds
For Chicken and Potato Mixture:
- 250 grams chicken boneless
- 4 potatoes, (boiled)
- 1 cup green coriander (chopped)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- Prepared dough
- Chicken mixture (as required)
- Oil (for deep frying)
- Making dough: Now in a bowl add flour, salt, oil and mix well. Now add water and knead a soft dough. Cover it with cling film and rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Masala Preparation: In a chopper add fennel seeds, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, red chili flakes, red chili powder, turmeric powder, salt, garam masala powder, and chop well into fine powder. Now in a bowl add fenugreek, nigella seeds and mix well. Masala is ready, set aside.
- Chicken and potato mixture preparation; Heat a pan with two teaspoons of oil and saute chopped garlic, onion, ginger, and green chili together. After a minute add chicken with all the spices and mix them properly, Then add Lil water cover with a lid and cook for 8-9 minutes over high heat. Now add potatoes and mash them properly.
- Make the wontons: On a mat place the prepared dough and cut it into 2 halves. Now take one half, make the ball shape, roll it down with the help of a rolling pin into a flat shape. With the help of the cutter, cut the round shapes on the dough and place the mixture in the middle. Now with the help of hands, fold the edges give it a pot shape. Cut the strip of dough and wrap it around the samosa like a ribbon.
- Fry wontons: Heat oil in a pot and deep fry prepared samosa potli on low medium flame until light golden. Chicken Potli Samosa is ready to serve.
© 2021 Urwa
Urwa (author) from East County & Cooking and Baking Expert on April 15, 2021:
Thanks a lot dear Pamela
Pamela Oglesby from Sunny Florida on April 15, 2021:
i think these wonton would be absolutely delicious. They are a little bit of work, but I think they are well worth it. Thank you for sharing this recipe, Urwa.