The author is an engineer by profession and a lover of food. In his free time, he likes to tinker around in the kitchen.
Easy Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
If you read and tried my recipe on Mee Kari or Curry Mee Recipe Using Instant Noodle, you realize that this recipe is not only quick and easy but also delicious and nutritious.
I recently tried with vermicelli instant noodle for a quick chicken noodle soup recipe and it turned out great.
Chinese Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
The traditional Chicken Noodle Soup consists of chicken broth, a few pieces of chicken, vegetables, and noodles. The preparation time for a good chicken broth can take at least an hour as the full flavor will be realized if simmered over low heat.
If you do not have the time, this recipe with Instant Noodle is your savior. It is also ideal when you are away from home on holidays or studying abroad and longed for homemade cooking, but do not know-how.
Instant Chicken Noodle Soup Cook Time
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Ingredients for Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 packet Chicken flavored Instant Noodle
- 2 small pieces Chicken, with skin removed
- 2 cups Water, to boil instant noodle
- 2 cups Water, for chicken broth
- 1 cup Bean Sprouts, washed and with roots removed
- 2 stalks Sawi (kai choy / Chinese mustard green), chopped into pieces about 2 inch in length
- a dash Pepper, optional
- 4 slices Ginger, for boiling with chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt, for boiling with chicken
- Boil the instant noodle with 2 cups of water, but without the spice mixture. Just before it comes to a boil, remove from fire and drain all the water. Put the noodle aside while you prepare the chicken broth. As mentioned in my earlier recipe, you want to remove all traces of any coloring substance from the instant noodle. It is not healthy. So make it a habit of doing this all the time. For this recipe, I use instant rice vermicelli noodles. You can also use the egg instant noodles.
- In a separate pot, boil the chicken pieces and ginger with 2 cups of water. Add salt and if required pepper. When the chicken is cooked, add the noodle, sawi and bean sprouts to the mixture. Continue to boil for another minute
- Then add the spice mixture and continue to boil for half a minute.
- Pour this noodle mixture into a bowl and serve while it is still hot. If required add a bit of pepper for another flavoring.
- For a truly Malaysian feel to this Chicken Noodle Soup, add a few slices of fresh red chilies, then serve in bowls with chopsticks.
Variation to This Simple Instant Noodle Chicken Soup
For some variety to this dish, you can add mushrooms, carrots, fried shallots, fried garlic, spring onions, and soy sauce.
Instead of chicken, you can use beef or seafood varieties that can include prawns and squids.
Chicken Noodle Soup for Cold and Flu
If you have a cold or flu, not feeling well, or have a fever, make Chicken Noodle Soup. It will be good for you, trust me.
When you’re not feeling well, your immune system is down. The traditional recipe with chicken broth is full of goodness. It helps clear nasal congestion and its mild anti-inflammatory effect will ease the cold symptoms.
Travel to Malaysia and Taste the Many Versions of Chicken Noodle Soup
Malaysia is a melting pot of diverse cultures, races, and traditions. This makes Malaysia a unique holiday experience to savor not just on its sights but also on the many tastes and flavors of its foods.
Chicken Noodle Soup is just one of its many favorites. Mee Kari or Noodle Curry is another hot Malaysian favorite. The thing about eating out in Malaysia is not just eating at nice hotels or restaurants but also at its outdoor food courts or at the hawker stalls.
Have You Tried My Other Recipes?
One of our favorite snack foods is banana fritters, which is best eaten when it is still hot. We usually buy them at a hawker's stall to eat while on the go or pack to bring back home. If you want to try them at home, then you should use my recipe. It is crispy and tasty. Click here for my version of the Banana Fritter recipe,
As mentioned earlier, Mee Kari or Curry Noodle is another favorite Malaysian dish. My instant noodle version is quick and easy. Click here for the recipe Mee Kari or Curry Mee Recipe Using Instant Noodle,
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2012 Mazlan A
Mazlan A (author) from Malaysia on January 31, 2019:
Thanks Shelly. It is a simple recipe using instant noodle but with some tweaking, it is tasty!
Shelly Ng on January 29, 2019:
Hi, I tried your recipe and was surprised how it taste great and transformed a simple instant noodle into a delicious and wholesome meal. Thanks.