Hi Foodies! I am Urwa Khan I made chicken lollipops much time for my family, it can be made so easily at home.
How to Make a Chicken Lollipop From Scratch
I have used drummettes and winglet, if you are a beginner and has no handled meat I suggest you try with drummettes, these are the first portion of whole chicken wings. I use drummettes and wingette you can use only drummettes. I love creating my favorites at home. It’s like a challenge to see if I can get close to the restaurant-style taste or make it taste even better at home kitchen.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- Create lollipop: chicken lollipop Wash and prepared using the middle segment of the chicken wings.
- Marination: marinate chicken lollipops with salt, black pepper, red chili, vinegar, soy sauce, and ginger-garlic paste. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Batter: Meanwhile, prepare the batter. In a bowl, add all-purpose flour, cornflour, salt, and pepper. Mix well, and then add egg and water. Combine to a semi-thick batter just like a pancake. Now dip one by one chicken lollipop into this batter and then coat with bread crumbs.
- Fry: Heat oil in a large skillet to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) or medium-high heat. Deep fry chicken lollipops in oil until done, about 8-10 minutes, or fried till golden brown. Remove chicken from the skillet or deep fryer and drain on paper towels.
Serve with ketchup or chili garlic sauce.
- Buy small chicken wings, smaller the size tastier the chicken lollipop will be.
- You can use rice flour for an extra crispy coating.
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, powder
- ½ teaspoon red chili, powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic, paste
- ¼ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, powder
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons corn flour
- Cold water as required
- Fresh bread crumbs as required
Please Rate This Recipe
© 2021 Urwa