Cheese Corn Momos Recipe
Cheese Corn Momos Recipe
Momos is the most famous street food and it is liked by almost everyone. By the way, it is basically a Tibetan recipe, which is made in both veg and non-veg methods. It is made by steaming. Children especially eat momos very fondly and to make your child happy, you must learn to make momos at home. Because momos found in the market are not good for health. Eating outside momos every time can worsen your health. That's why today we will teach you how to make delicious momos made from corn and cheese. So this time when your child insists on eating momos, then you feed him by making momos at home. Let's know its easy recipe.
Make Sweet Corn Cheese Momos at home and serve it with chutney or sauce and make the elders along with the children happy.
Ingredients for Cheese Corn Momos
- All purpose flour - 1 cup (125 grams)
- Sweet corn - 1 cup
- Processed cheese - 4 cubes (pieces)
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Black pepper - tsp (10 coarsely ground)
- Salt - tsp or as per taste
How to make Cheese Corn Momos
1. To make Cheese Corn Momos, first take a cup of all purpose flour in a vessel. Add one-fourth teaspoon of salt to the flour and mix. After adding water little by little, knead a soft dough and prepare it. Apply a little oil on your hand and knead the dough to make it smooth.
2. A little more than a quarter cup of water has been used in kneading the dough. Then cover the dough and keep it to set for fifteen to twenty minutes, in fifteen to twenty minutes the dough will be set and ready.
Make momos stuffing
3. To make the stuffing, first wash the sweet corn seeds and take them. Put two cups of water in a vessel and put it on the gas to boil. Cover the pot so that the water boils quickly.
4. When the water starts to boil, add sweet corn kernels to it. Cover the pot and boil the corn kernels for five minutes.
5. Now to prepare the cheese, grate the cheese in a bowl.
6. After five minutes the corn kernels are ready. Switch off the gas and take out the corn kernels from the water in a sieve placed on a plate so that all the corn water drains out. Then keep the sweet corn to cool down completely.
7. When the sweet corn cools down completely, put the sweet corn in the grated cheese. Also, add one-fourth teaspoon salt and one-fourth teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper to it and mix all the things well.
8. Now the stuffing for momos is ready.
9. After the dough is set, apply some oil on the hand and mash it while making the dough smooth. After this, break small balls from the dough. Keep the balls covered so that they do not dry out. Take a ball, make it round like a peda and wrap it in dry flour and roll it into a thin three to four inch diameter.
10. Keep the rolled roti on hand and put two small spoons of stuffing on top of the poori and fold it from the edge and close it giving the shape of momos.
11. Keep this momos in a plate and prepare all the momos in the same way.
Steam Cook momos
[ To cook momos, a special type of utensils is needed which is available in the market nowadays, whose name we speak Makto or Maktu. These utensils are found with three, four seats from two seats, leaving the very bottom part of which the lower part of the rest of the seats would have small holes.]
12. To steam the momos, put water in such a vessel to boil. Grease the lower level of the remaining seats with oil from inside.
13. Now keep the momos in the oiled seats, keeping them at a distance. When the water comes to a boil, place the momos on top of the pot and cover the upper seat.
14. Let the momos cook for ten minutes on medium heat in the steam.
15. After ten minutes check the momos. Momos are ready, their color has also changed. Switch off the gas and remove the upper seat from the vessel and put it down.
16. Now take out the momos from the seat and keep them in a plate. Only about fifteen to sixteen momos are prepared in this much flour.
17. Serve delicious hot sweet corn cheese momos with green coriander chutney, hot red chili chutney.
© 2021 Milan