I enjoy experimenting in the kitchen and sharing my favourite recipes with the world.
Cardamom, one of the most expensive spices, gives this carrot cream a refined note. The oranges, on the other hand, give a fruity and sour note.
- 1 onion
- 450 g of carrots
- 150 g of floury potatoes
- 7 dl of vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon of cardamom in capsules
- 2 oranges
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 2 teaspoons of curry powder
- 1 dl of milk
Preparation: approx. 20 minutes
- Chop the vegetables and boil them in the broth until cooked, then blend everything with an immersion blender. Crush the cardamom capsules. With a rigalimoni set aside a few strips of orange peel. Halve the oranges, squeeze them and measure 1.5 dl of juice. Heat the oil and fry the cardamom capsules and curry. Pour the orange juice and carrot purée over the spices, put the lid on and bring to a boil. Heat the milk and let it froth. Filter the soup, then season with salt and pepper. Serve the cream on plates. Garnish it with a tablespoon of milk froth and with the orange zest set aside. Accompanied with a chestnut bread.
You may be interested to read
- Susumelle: the recipe for Calabrian biscuits typical of the Christmas holidays - Special food - Cook
The Susumelle are delicious biscuits of Calabrian origin, typical of the Christmas tradition. It is one of the most representative desserts of the period:
- POLENTA GNOCCHI WITH GORGONZOLA, A FIRST RUSTIC
© 2021 special food
Christopher Turner from Minneapolis, MN on January 13, 2021:
I love cardamom. Nice usage I typically use it in my holiday cranberry sauce.