So, how do you make a Caramel Macchiato?
Check out this better, updated version!
If you're sick of spending 5 bucks on a caramel macchiato and always wanted to make one yourself but refuse to buy those overly-priced, fancy espresso machines, then this is the article for you. It's not a very hard process, but may take a little time. But, I promise you that you'll be happy with the delicious results.
I made the directions to this short and sweet and simple. Once you do this 2-3 times, you'll be making these like a pro. Before you know it, you're planning to use your swear-jar money for an espresso machine. Which, by the way, can be found on amazon for as low as $80.
However, you'll need a few things to start.
Items You'll Need to Proceed
- coarsely ground espresso or strong coffee
- coffee press ($8, shown at right; however, I recommend Bodum brand)
- coffee filter
- blender (magic bullet will do)
- vanilla syrup
- caramel syrup (hershey's brand will do for both syrups)
Step 1: Brew Espresso
- Boil a cup of water
- Measure out 4 tbsp of finely ground espresso
- Transfer grains into coffee press
- Pour in 1 cup of the hot water
- Let stand for 2 minutes
- Press grains down with press
Step 2: Milk
- Heat milk in microwave to about 165 degrees (before it boils). This can be done in the microwave. Depending on the microwave this can take anywhere from 1-2 minutes.
- Once your milk has reached approximately 165 degrees, pour into your blender.
- Turn blender on and let it stir up the milk for 30 seconds.
- You should have frothy milk. If not, blend for another 30 seconds.
Step 3: Finishing Up
- Pour your frothy milk into your coffee cup leaving room for a little more than a shot of espresso.
- Place filter on rim of mug and hold. Pore espresso inside. (You need to do this since the grains are so fine!)
- Add 2 tbsp of the vanilla syrup.
- Add 2 tbsp of the caramel syrup.
Adjustments- make it just how you like it
You can adjust this drink to your liking, easily. Simply add more or less vanilla or caramel syrup. If you want more sweetness but don't want more of the caramel or vanilla flavor, trying adding sugar. I recommend Sugar in the Raw pure-cane sugar.
You are your own barista!
Change it up
Your macchiato doesn't necessarily have to contain caramel or vanilla. Go and look for different syrups. This is what's giving your drink the yummy flavors.
Starbucks carries some yummy syrups you can try for about 10 bucks. If you sign up for their emails, you can get 10% off your order.
- cinnamon docle
Starbucks also sells sauces, which also goes in drinks and costs a bit more, going for 22 bucks. But, they're quality and definitely worth trying.
- white chocolate
How do I make my caramel macchiato as close to the Starbucks as possible?
Starbucks uses the following items in their Caramel Macchiato, which can all be found on their site:
- Dark Espresso Roast Whole Bean Coffee $13 for a pound
- Fontana Caramel Sauce $22 for 63 fl oz
- Starbucks Vanilla Syrup $10 for 1 liter
If you do decide to splurge and get these items, the espresso and vanilla syrup go a long way. However, the caramel sauce seems to go fast.
Other Hubs by Mariexotoni:
- Quick, Homemade Chai Tea Latte Recipe: Here is an easy Chai-Tea Latte recipe that you can cook up quickly. Very tasty and easily adaptable.
- At-Home Blackhead Removal: Cheap Natural Remedies: Natural remedies to try at home today for blackhead removal.
- How to be More Confident: Brief Guide: Do you lack confidence? Here is a brief, concise guide on improving your confidence levels in school and at work!
- Healthy No-Flour, Clean-Eating Banana Pancake Recipe: Here is a simple clean-eating, 4-ingredient banana pancake recipe. No flour required!
- 10 Reasons to Practice Mindfulness Meditation: See how your quality of life can improve with mindfulness meditation, just 20-30 minutes every day!
Most Popular Hubs:
- How to Make A Starbucks Iced Caramel Macchiato- Easy Recipe: Easy recipe on how to make a Starbucks caramel macchiato for a fraction of the price. You can even make this delicious drink without an expensive espresso machine!
- How to Make A Starbucks Double Choclaty- Chip Frappucino: A delicious mock version of a Double Chocolaty-Chip Frappuccino (Fancy and delicious chocolate milk with ice!) Very easy to make!
- Delicious Ideas for a Better Hot Chocolate: Ways to Change It Up!: Easy ways to make your hot chocolate even more delicious!
Pennington on October 12, 2016:
Great Simple instructions for Starbucks caramel macchiato. Definitely will try this.
Marie Alana from Ohio on March 09, 2013:
This seems like such a great way to froth milk. I can't believe I didn't think of that. I will definitely have to try it. Thank You!
mariexotoni (author) on March 04, 2013:
it is easy!
Nancy Yager from Hamburg, New York on March 04, 2013:
This sounds wonderful. You make it sound so easy.