About Cane Syrup Glazed Carrots
When I was a kid, my mom would make candy carrots every thanksgiving, and I loved them. I looked forward to them all year. As I got older, I discovered how good cane syrup is. So I took my mom's recipe and made a couple of changes, one of which was adding cane syrup, which is so good. It truly a big hit every thanksgiving, but it is an excellent side all year
Rate This Recipe
- 2 pounds Carrots, Sliced, or baby
- 4 Tablespoons Cane Syrup
- 4 Tablespoons Butter, Melted
- 2 Tablespoons Brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a casserole pan with heavy-duty foil. (It's impossible to wash off. Save yourself the work. Don't skip the foil)
- Spread carrots in pan.
- In a small bowl, mix melted butter, cane syrup, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, and ginger. (To add a little extra something, you can add 2 Tablespoons bourbon at this point)
- Bake until tender and a bit brown, about 40-45 minutes.
© 2022 Brenda