|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
For the dough:
- .25 ounce packet of yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 2.5 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
For the filling:
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 4 tablespoons Hooter's wing sauce
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons banana peppers, chopped
- .5 cup celery, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Dissolve sugar in warm water and add yeast. Make sure the water is not too hot or it will kill the yeast. Let sit for 10 minutes, until frothy and cloudy.
- Measure the rest of the dough ingredients in a bowl and stir. Once the yeast is ready, add and knead into a smooth dough. Let sit 5 more minutes.
- Hooter's wing sauce is a semi-solid butter based sauce, so melt in the microwave for about 15 seconds until it melts slightly. Then mix all the filling ingredients in a bowl. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Roll out the dough into a rectangle. Spoon filling in the center of your dough. Fold over sides and press to seal. If you would like a more golden crust, you can brush the top with an egg wash or butter.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until dough is baked and the filling is hot.
- Wait until slightly cooled, then cut and serve.
© 2022 Zylo
Scroll to Continue