Rajan loves cooking dishes from his native Indian cuisine. He enjoys sharing his favourite recipes with his online readers.
Pizza can be prepared with a pizza base as well as a slice of bread substituting for the pizza base. Today, we are going to prepare a bread pizza.
This bread pizza will be prepared on a tawa or pan but it can also be prepared in a traditional oven if you wish.
Easy and quick to prepare this yummy pizza can be made in minutes anytime you have a craving for pizza.
Do try this recipe and share your experience.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
makes 6 bread pizza slices
- 6 bread slices/brown or white
- 1 medium-sized tomato, deseeded and diced
- 1 medium-sized bell pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 medium-sized onion, diced
- 2 tbsp frozen sweet corn
- 1/4 tsp/to taste sendha namak/rock salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp tomato ketchup
- 100 grams/as needed grated mozzarella cheese
- pizza sause as needed
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 3-4 grated garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp chopped hara dhania/cilantro
- In a mixing bowl put in the diced tomato, bell pepper, onion and sweet corn.
- Put in the salt, black pepper powder, oregano, tomato ketchup and about 2 tbsp mozzarella cheese. Mix well and keep aside the pizza topping.
- Place the bread slices on a large plate. Apply a layer of pizza sauce over the bread slices.
- Spread a layer of the pizza topping on each bread slice then spread the grated mozzarella cheese, more or less as per your choice.
- In the melted butter put the grated garlic & the chopped cilantro. Mix well and keep aside.
- Heat a pan tawa/pan on low heat then spread a layer of the butter mixture in the centre. Place 2 readied bread pizza slices in the pan and cover with a lid. Let them toast until the cheese melts and the underside is brown and crisp.
- Toast the other bread pizza slices and serve hot.
Bread Pizza Recipe
© 2021 Rajan Singh Jolly