Nyesha loves writing about cooking/recipes, restaurants, movies, weddings, and poetry.
Best pumpkin cake recipe for Halloween, Thanksgiving or Anytime
Best Pumpkin Cake Recipe - How to Make a Delicious Pumpkin Cake
BEST PUMPKIN CAKE - Best pumpkin cake recipe
- Pumpkin cake that is well made is so delectable.
- I hope that you enjoy the pumpkin cake recipe featured in this hub.
- This is a cake recipe for a soft, moist and delicious pumpkin cake, a comfort food.
- Although I like pumpkin pie, I prefer the texture of pumpkin cake to the texture of pumpkin pie that is so common at this time of the year.
- Which one do you prefer?
- Pumpkin pie or pumpkin cake?
Ever since learning about how to bake a delicious pumpkin cake relatively easily, I have been baking this pumpkin cake instead of making a pumpkin pie.
When eating the delicious pumpkin cake, I enjoy that seasonal savory pumpkin flavor paired with the sweetness of dessert cake.
I enjoy that seasonal savory pumpkin flavor paired with the sweetness of dessert cake.
Autumn treats with pumpkin flavor
I love the seasonal flavor of sweetened pumpkin in Starbucks pumpkin spice lattes during autumn. I also enjoy pumpkin cake, pumpkin pie and pumpkin roll cake during that stretch between Halloween and Thanksgiving.
- Nevertheless, sweetened pumpkin treats such as delicious pumpkin cake are really enjoyable year round.
- The scent of a pumpkin dessert such as pumpkin cake baking in the oven can fill your home with cozy comfort even in the spring and summer time as well as the colder winter months and autumn of course.
I learned about a pumpkin cake recipe that I was eager to try to adapt. The result was truly delicious homemade pumpkin cake that I look forward to making for years to come.
- This pumpkin cake has an enticing color, flavor and texture.
- The pumpkin cake is very moist and tasty.
- This pumpkin cake is just the thing for the dessert table at Thanksgiving dinner but it is also so great for lots of other occasions anytime.
The treat of pumpkin cake in the summer time might even leave one feeling nostalgic for the Fall.
The brisk winds, the beautiful crisp and colorful leaves falling from the trees and more of this delicious pumpkin cake would all be things to look forward to in autumn!
This pumpkin cake has an enticing color, flavor and texture.
The walnuts are a great addition to this best pumpkin cake.
One of the delicious elements in the Best pumpkin cake recipe are the walnuts. The walnuts are so good! All of the ingredients in this delicious pumpkin cake mix together nicely.
- This Best pumpkin cake recipe also calls for just a sprinkling of sugar on top of the cake.
- It is not a pumpkin cake with frosting.
- Of course, you can optionally add a vanilla or cream cheese frosting to this pumpkin cake if you prefer.
I, myself think I might try the pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting the next time I bake it but I know that the pumpkin cake is also definitely very sweet and tasty without the need for frosting. So, either way will be good.
This cake recipe is adapted from one that I found at http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/pumpkin-cake-i/Detail.aspx.
I use significantly less ingredients when I make this pumpkin cake but I used the above cake recipe as a template. All photos are my own.
For this delicious pumpkin cake, :
1. Take a 15 oz can of pureed pumpkin and empty into a bowl. (I usually use Libby's brand canned pumpkin.)
In addition to the pumpkin, here is what you will need for this scrumptious & homemade best pumpkin cake recipe
2. Add 3 eggs and 1 cup of vegetable oil to the bowl and beat well.
3. In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients for this best pumpkin cake recipe.:
- 2 cups of white sugar
- 2 and 1/2 cups of all purpose white flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/3 cup of crushed walnuts
Combine the pumpkin cake ingredients
4. Combine the pumpkin cake ingredients from the two bowls into one and mix the pumpkin cake batter very well. Make sure that the pumpkin cake mixture is not lumpy.
Mixing and pouring the pumpkin cake batter
Pumpkin cake batter ready for baking in the oven
5. Pour the entire pumpkin cake mixture into a greased and floured 10 inch round baking pan.
6. Bake the pumpkin cake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 1 hour.
7. Allow the pumpkin cake to cool completely in its pan for several minutes and then flip the cake pan over into a plate gently. The pumpkin cake should emerge on to the plate perfectly rounded and whole.
8. Sprinkle some extra white sugar or confectioner's sugar on top of the pumpkin cake.
9. Serve this best pumpkin cake and enjoy it!
When the pumpkin cake is ready for serving, serve and enjoy!
A tasty pumpkin cake slice
Would you like to rate this cake recipe?
Which of these two types of desserts do you most prefer? Pumpkin cake or pumpkin pie
What canned pumpkin brand is best?
1. Pumpkin Cake Recipe
2. Easy Pumpkin Cake
3. 3 Ingredient Pumpkin Cake
© 2011 Nyesha Pagnou MPH
Nyesha Pagnou MPH (author) from USA on June 26, 2014:
Hi peachpurple, thank you!
peachy from Home Sweet Home on August 24, 2012:
i love pumpkin cake. I did the gooey and the soft fluffy texture cake. My hubby still prefer the gooey. I will try your recipe. Thanks for sharing.Thumbs up
Nyesha Pagnou MPH (author) from USA on November 20, 2011:
dinkan53, chanroth & BkCreative, thanks to all of you for your nice comments.
I am not familiar with Durian cake. Now, I have to go find out all about it. You made me so curious.
Trying this recipe with extra spices like cinammon and nutmeg also sounds like a great idea. Thanks for the tip.
:-) You're so funny. Thanks for the rate up! I hope that works out well for you in the crock pot. It probably will.
Talk to you all soon.
BkCreative from Brooklyn, New York City on November 09, 2011:
Pumpkin and cake...together? How can I go wrong. A cup of tea and a few hundred slices and I'm good. I think I will try it in the crock pot.
Rated up and thanks!
chanroth from California, USA on November 08, 2011:
Yummy! I like it! I made Durian cake yesterday, it was delicious and now I like to try pumpkin cake! Look delicious!
dinkan53 from India on November 08, 2011:
pumpkin pie is America's favorite dessert, once had a chance to taste "Pumpkin Spice Cake", that is with spices and it was amazing. Surely will try your recipe, because these photos made me hungry!