I am a registered nurse a mother and grandmother.I have a special interest in the care and development of babies and young children.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Makes about 16
Having tasted the lovely macarons from Harvey Nichols at a price, my daughter and I decided to have a go at making them ourselves! We looked up recipes, watched u-tube demonstrations and then said "here we go!" The only ingredient you might not have in your larder is the ground almonds. I am sure you will have as much fun making this sweet little dainty as we did. Pack them in a pretty box and you will have the perfect gift!
- 1 1/4 Cups confectioner's (icing) sugar
- 1cup ground almonds
- 6 Tablespoons egg whites (about 3 large eggs)
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup Granulated sugar
- Macaron filling of your choice
- Pre-heat oven to 150 degrees C (300F)
- In a bowl mix together the ground almonds and icing sugar
- In another bowl whisk your egg whites until stiff, Add pinch of salt
- Add the granulated sugar gradually to egg whites
- With a spatula, gently fold almond mixture into egg white mixture
- Add coloring of choice at this stage
- Line baking tray with parchment paper
- Fit a piping bag with a round 3/8inch round tip
- Fill bag with mixture
- Pipe 1 inch discs onto prepared baking sheets, leaving 2inches between each
- lightly tap the tray on your kitchen bench a few times to release air bubbles
- Leave to stand at room temperature for about 30mins to dry out
- Bake for about 15 minutes at 150oC (300oF)
- Leave to cool completely (20 minutes approx)
- Remove paper gently
Macarons can be sandwiched together with many different fillings.
Store macaroons in an airtight container and in the fridge for 2-3 days
They can be frozen for about a month
- Macaron Fillings Easy
Macaroons are sweet so filling can be fruity or chocolate or just simple cream. Here are some to try. Always be gentle with macroons when filling them.
French Macarons Gift Box
Macarons Gift Box
icequeen on October 25, 2020:
How many macaroon does your recepi make???
Amy on October 22, 2019:
How much is a cup?
Cheryl Kohan from England on April 22, 2016:
I love macaroons but have never had the nerve to make them! I will do so, now, since you've made this recipe seem so doable!
IslandBites from Puerto Rico on April 25, 2013:
Jane (author) from Uk on April 20, 2013:
Thank you Skye am so pleased to have an experienced writer like you make these kind comments. Will try and keep them coming! Janex
skye2day from Rocky Mountains on April 20, 2013:
jane these look yummy for the tummy Something fun to put together with a grandson. I will pass on your goodies to my daughters. Baking is not my forte but I am willing, especially easy. So I have bookmarked and when I try these beautiful babies I will let you know. I never used parchment paper, well there is a first for everything. Hugs to you. Great hub organized and well written. Way to go. Keep em coming girl. Love, Skye