I enjoy experimenting in the kitchen and sharing my favourite recipes with the world.
A refreshing Belgian chicory salad served with avocado and a hot sriracha sauce, a well-known hot sauce well known in Thailand.
Appetizer For 4 people
Preparation: approx. 15 minutes
- 1 orange
- 3 tablespoons of sunflower oil
- 2 tablespoons of white balsamic vinegar
- 15 g of sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons of toasted sesame seeds
- 600 g of belgian chicory
- 2 ripe avocados
- Take the orange zest with a lemon zester and squeeze the juice. Mix the orange zest and juice with the oil, balsamic, sriracha and sesame seeds. Season the sauce with salt. Depending on the size, cut the Belgian chicory in two or four pieces and remove the core. Halve the avocados, pit them and cut the pulp into slices. Arrange the Belgian chicory and avocado slices on plates, drizzle with the sauce and serve.
You may be interested to read
- Ginger and lime herbal tea
- Soup with apples, herbs and bacon
- Family Food: SKYR CAKE WITH BLUEBERRIES, A SWEET WITH A DIFFERENT TASTE
© 2021 special food
Devika Primić from Dubrovnik, Croatia on February 03, 2021:
I like unique salads and this is one of my best salads. Creative and looks delicious. Off-course a healthy treat as well.