As I travel around the country with the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks, I have a favorite party food that I like to take with me for the hospitality table. The blend of cream cheese and crab meat along with the tang of a good cocktail sauce is one that always pleases the guests.
I have used this recipe a lot for home parties as well. It seems to be one that my guests all like.
This dish was one that I saw and tasted at a family party but never got the recipe. I've adapted my own over the years. At first I would just roll the cream cheese and make a well in the top to put the crab meat with the cocktail sauce drizzled over the whole concoction. I have since come up with the recipe that you see here that requires more ingredients but makes a much better presentation.
- 2 cans lump crab meat
- Cream Cheese
- Cocktail Sauce
- Mix one can of crab meat with room temperature cream cheese.
- Either form a ball and wrap the mixture in plastic wrap or spread the mixture into a glass dish.
- Refrigerate the cream cheese mixture if you are preparing ahead of time.
- Spread the second can of crab meat over the cream cheese ball,
- Pour cocktail sauce over the appetizer and surround with crackers for serving or pour the cocktail sauce over the mixture in your glass dish and sprinkle cut chive greens over for decoration.
Other Seafood Recipes
Even though I have many recipes for appetizers and party foods, this shrimp dip is one of my favorites along with the crab meat one on this hub.
This party food is more for a picnic but can also be taken to a convention for the hospitality table. Remember to take the plastic forks in case the room hostess doesn't have enough.
Not a party food but one of my favorite sandwiches. It can be used with cream puffs for a different type of appetizer.