Lasagna is one of the most common meals, made in my house almost every weekend or once a week. I just simply made a chicken lasagna and everyone loves to eat this delicious food.
But last weekend and do some alterations to my recipe, and made bbq chicken lasagna. Don't worry about the term of bbq, it's not going to take lots of effort. The recipe is very simple and very very luscious. Once you made it perfectly you are going to fall in love with it and will make lasagne every day if you are a lasagna lover.
Do you know what is lasagne?
Lasagna was originated in Italy. The lasagna I'm at found to be delicious enjoyable food for many, containing pasta sheets, heavy cheese, savory tomato sauce, and several vegetables or meats.
Lasagna not only adds a feather in the cap to your dining table it has lots of health benefits.
For chicken filling:
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 500 grams chiken, minced
- 2 onions
- 1 tablespoon garlic, paste
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup capsicum, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1teaspoon black pepper, crushed
- 1 teaspoon red chili, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce
- 1 coal, for smoke
For white sauce:
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
For assembling lasagna:
- 12 lasagna sheets, boiled
- Prepared white sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
Prepare chicken filling
- Take a pan, add oil, and heat it.
- Add garlic fry a little bit then add chopped onion.
- Fry for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken mince cook until it changes the color on medium flame.
- Add salt, red chili, black pepper, oregano, tomato sauce, and water.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on high flame.
- Add capsicum mix it well.
- Add bbq sauce mix it well.
- Lower the flame.
- Red hot the coal.
- Keep it on foil in the middle of the pan.
- Spill some oil when it starts to smoke cover the pan with a lid.
- Turn off the flame.
- Rest it for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes remove the coal from pan.
- Keep it aside.
White sauce preparation
- Heat the pan add butter to it.
- Let it melt completely.
- Add all-purpose flour mix well for 2 minutes, on medium heat.
- Now gradually add milk and keep stirring constantly.
- Cook for 2 minutes
- Add oregano, white pepper, and salt to the pan.
- Cook until thickened.
- Grease the baking dish with oil or butter.
- spread white sauce, cover it with lasagna sheets.
- Now add the chicken filling.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat the same process 4 times or depending on your dish size.
- In the last again sprinkle cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese dried oregano on the top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 180 C or until cheese is golden brown.
- Your Bbq Chicken cheese loaded lasagna is ready.
Health benefits of lasagne
The lasagna is generally far from healthy food, but it can be made a healthy meal by adding nutritious variations. Lasagna is a good source of carbohydrates, proteins, fats, vitamins, and minerals.
What does carbohydrate do?
- Carbohydrate is the macro-nutrient found in lasagna in the form of sugar and starch.
- Carbohydrates are a good source of energy required by our cells to do our daily routine functions.
- Pasta in lasagna is a good source of carbohydrates and other fewer carbs we obtain from tomato sauce and vegetables.
Fats and proteins
Fat in our meal is first broken down into free fatty acids, these free fatty acids move in the bloodstream and utilize by cells for energy.
When the body does not need the free fatty acid for energy production, this free fat is stored in the body as fat, and when the body is starved this stored fat is broken down and provides energy to the body.
Protein is very essential for body functions. Protein is broken down into amino acids which help to build the muscles. It involves cell repair.
Protein helps in the production of hormones, enzymes, and antibodies.
Fats and proteins in lasagna mostly come from the meat and cheese you add.
Minerals and vitamins
Vitamin B complex found in meat, cheese, pasta, bbq sauce, and tomato sauce helps to stimulate the body's metabolism.
Meat in lasagna is a good source of iron.
Add more vegetables to get more nutrition from lasagna.
Some spices and sauces in a lasagna can be a good source of vitamins like Vitamin A and vitamin C.
Liza from USA on September 05, 2021:
My family loves lasagna. Besides pizza and pasta, lasagna is one of my favorite comfort food to cook for a family dinner. However, your recipe sounds interesting with the BBQ infused into the dish. Thanks for sharing the recipe. The dish looks delicious.