Hi, my name is Naveen Singh, I am staying in Bangalore. I am Hotel Management graduate, passout from CIHMCT, Chandigarh .
Basics & making of fresh home made Pasta's.
I personally like to eat the fresh pasta which is made freshly at home,it takes time & patience,but for the true pasta lovers,it is well worth the effort.
BASIC PASTA DOUGH:-( makes 4 servings)
Large eggs - 2 nos
Oil - 2 Tsp
All purpose flour or grade 00 flour - 400 GM's
Salt - A pinch
1. In the bown beat eggs and oil,sift the flour and salt over the eggs,mix a fork into ball,if it is too sticky ,add some flour untill it is easy to handle,if too dry add some water.
2. Knead for atleast 8 minutes,untill smooth,wrap in a slightly moistened towel and let rest approximately for 25 mints on the counter before rolling and cutting into various pasta shapes.
The classic way of making pasta is to sift the flour and salt together,moulding it on a table,make a well in the centre of the mound and break the eggs into it,add oil.with a fork begin to gather the flour slowly from the sides into the middle until all is incorporated .
Follow the same kneading directions as above .
Now with the help of fresh pasta machine,start giving it the shape of fresh thin pasta sheets and apply flour while making it thin sheets.
Freshly made Pasta's are available in various shapes & sizes.
Few examples are below:- Fettuccine,Tagliatelle,Ravioli,Lasagne,Cannelloni, Angel hair pasta.
Step by step Fresh home made Pasta - Dough Making images
Other freshly made pasta images
Some of the most used dried Pasta,"s
Dried Pasta's are widely available in the supermarket's.
Once the dried Pasta pkt is open,it is suppose to be consumed with in 7 to 10 days or should be kept in refrigerator.
Widely used dried Pasta's :-
Penne, Fusilli, Penne,Macaroni, Bow tie pasta,Tortellini & Spaghetti pasta.
How to Cook Perfect Dried Pasta
- Boil water in a large pot. ...
- Salt the water with at least a tablespoon of salt. ...
- Pour pasta into boiling water. ...
- Keep the lid off. ...
- As the pasta starts to cook, stir it well with the tongs so the noodles don't stick to each other —or the pot.
- Different pastas will take different amounts of time to cook.
Images of dried pasta's
© 2021 Naveen Kumar Singh