- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 3/4 cups All-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
serves six people
- preheat oven to 350 degrees F(175 degrees C). Grease and flour two nine inch round pans.
- In a large bowl, stir together the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the eggs, milk ,oil and vanilla, mix for 2 minutes on medium speed of mixer. stir in the boiling water last. Batter will be thin. pour evenly in to the prepared pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, until the cake tests done with a toothpick. cool in the pans for 10 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.