I am a mom of three with a career and a love for cooking. Whether you have been cooking for years or weeks, these recipes are perfect.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
serves 4-6 people
- 1 lb chopped meat (80/20)
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 4 basil leaves chopped
- 4 cloves garlic peeled and chopped
- 1 Vidalia onion chopped
- 1 table spoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 teaspoon crushes red pepper (if you like a little spice)
- Sautee your chopped onions and garlic with your olive oil on medium heat until your onions are translucent. This will take roughly 6 minutes.
- Turn your heat to high and add your ground beef frequently breaking apart large clumps with a wooden spoon until meat is no longer pink. Drain the fat from your meat and add crushed tomatoes.
- Salt, pepper, oregano and sugar. If you choose to add crushed red pepper for a kick, now would be the time to do it. Stir the mixture and then add the basil. Turn your heat to low and let simmer for 40 minutes. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Ladle your sauce over your favorite pasta and add little freshly grated Romano cheese and you are all set.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2016 Celia Ribeiro