I enjoy baking for family and friends and will never turn down the opportunity to bake for myself, too.
A Light and Yummy Banana Bread
This moist and delicious banana bread with chocolate chips also contains Greek yogurt and fresh ginger. The recipe calls for considerably less sugar than most sweet bread recipes, resulting in a lighter texture. To make it even healthier, I use gluten-free flour and dark chocolate chips.
Easy to make and so yummy, I keep wanting to bake this banana bread over and over again.
Serve this bread for tea time or dessert, or simply enjoy it for breakfast with your morning coffee!
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 2 cups white all-purpose flour (or gluten-free flour), sifted
- 2/3 cup cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons butter (1 stick), unsalted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 1 cup mashed bananas, ripe
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with unsalted butter and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the butter, eggs, vanilla, and greek yogurt, blending well with an electric mixer after each addition.
- In a small bowl, mash enough bananas to fill 1 cup. You'll likely need 2 large bananas or 3 small ones.
- Add the mashed bananas to the batter and blend for a few additional seconds.
- Add the grated ginger to the mixture and blend a few more seconds.
- Fold in the chocolate chips with a large mixing spoon until they are well blended into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan. Gently smooth out the surface with your mixing spoon so that it's fairly even.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees F for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out dry.
- Allow the banana bread to cool before you remove it from the loaf pan. For the best flavor, wrap and refrigerate it overnight. Enjoy!
- You can substitute sour cream for Greek yogurt.
- Try using mini chocolate chips instead of the regular-sized ones.
- For an even better flavor, wrap and refrigerate this bread overnight.
© 2022 Madeleine Clays