With the holidays upon us, I volunteered to bring a casserole to Christmas dinner. Why? "How could I possibly bring anything half as tasty as my seasoned aunts?" I pouted in my kitchen. However, after eating my entire test batch, I decided this is what I was taking to our annual family Christmas party. I was so excited to find the entire thing had been demolished by the end of the night.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
1 hour 45 min
2 hours 15 min
What you will need
- 3 large sweet potatoes, (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup marshmallows
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 cup milk
How to make it
- Bake sweet potato's on 350 degrees for one hour, or until done (syrup is coming out:-)
- Next, scoop out the sweet potatoes from their skins.
- Combine sweet potatoes, 2 tablespoons of butter, egg, milk, vanilla extract, and white sugar, mixing until smooth
- Separately, combine brown sugar, flour, pecans and 3 tablespoons of softened butter, and mix
- Spread the pecan topping onto sweet potato mixture and bake for 35 minutes
- Add marshmallows and continue baking for 10 minutes, or until marshmallows are melting.
savenlives on December 22, 2014:
This looks delicious....I love that it is for two! Pinning for when I get some sweet potatoes!