About Bacon Molasses Brussel Sprouts
When I was kid, my mom would make these candy Brussels sprouts using maple syrup and brown sugar for the holidays, and I loved them.
My first cook your self Thanksgiving, I went to make them and found out I was all out of maple syrup, and I loved it in a small town where the store was closed. So I had to use what I had on hand, molasses, which turned out so good. I never looked back.
Rate This Recipe
- 1 package Bacon, Chopped
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 3 pounds Brussel Sprouts
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup Molasses
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Pecans
- In 12-inch castiron skillet, cook bacon until crispy. Remove from pan.
- In the same skillet with drippings still in, add Brussels sprouts, salt, and pepper. And cook until Brussels sprouts are fork-tender.
- Add butter and let melt. Add molasses, pecans, and brown sugar. Stir as needed. Cook another 5 minutes until a nice Carmel sauce coats the Brussels sprouts. Enjoy
© 2022 Brenda