I always watch for apple pie filling to go on sale at my local grocery store and stock up on it for really fast desserts. Apple Crisp Using Apple Pie Filling is SO fast to make, but NO ONE will ever believe it came from a can and takes only a few minutes to construct... Plus, once in the oven your WHOLE HOUSE is gonna smell like a trip to grandma's house!!
So let them think you've slaved away on this one and use that extra time for yourself... you deserve it!
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
1 hour 5 min
1 9x13 Apple Crisp
- 3 cans Apple Pie Filling
- 2 1/4 cup Oatmeal, I used Quick Oats
- 2 1/4 cups Flour
- 2 1/4 cups Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Melted Butter, 3 sticks
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 tablespoons Cinnamon
- Mix all ingredients EXCEPT the pie filling and cinnamon together in a large bowl until well mixed.
- Put approximately 2/3 in a 9 x 13 inch pan and pat down.
- Pour 3 cans of apple pie filling on top and sprinkle with the cinnamon.
- Take the remaining 1/3 mixture and crumble evenly over the pie filling.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 1 hour or when top is a golden brown.
The Apple Crisp Using Apple Pie Filling is fast to assemble and is great served warm with vanilla ice cream!
This recipe can also be made using ANY type of fruit pie filling, so experiment a little bit. I've tried it using Cherry, Blueberry, and is GREAT with Peach fillings.
Enjoy and - HAPPY EATING!!!
© 2014 Laura Rash
Nana on April 16, 2020:
Only had 1 can and divided everything in 3rds
Laura Rash (author) from Arkansas, USA on April 07, 2020:
Still one of my all time favorite recipes!!!
LYNN aTAN on April 03, 2020:
SOUNDS TOO EASY BUT GONNA TRY IT!! YUMMMM!!
Joanne on August 30, 2019:
Made this today. Easy and delicious Will absolutely make this again.
Maggie 13 on February 11, 2019:
Can you substitute old fashioned oats?
Sammi113 on October 03, 2016:
I made this using 2/ 20 oz cans of apple pie filling and it was amazing! Reminded me of the 60's when everything was homemade and so was our Apple Crisp. Great recipe!