I love to create and share nutritious recipes with the world.
No Sugar Biscotti
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp margarine
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4-5 dates soaked in hot water
- wheat flour as needed
- chopped pistachios or other nuts
Health in a platter
- Combine the eggs, vanilla extract, and margarine in a bowl.
- Add the soaked dates to a blender and puree them to a paste consistency.
- Add the mixture in the bowl to the blender along with the dates. Blend them all together.
- Combine the almond flour and baking soda in a separate bowl. Mix well to ensure that the flour combines well with the baking soda.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture in the other bowl. Knead them well using your hands. The consistency of the resultant dough must be similar to a pizza or roti dough. Add the required amount of wheat flour to achieve that consistency.
- Shape the dough into a rectangular shape and form a wide loaf with a flattened top. Now place it on a buttered baking dish.
- Spread some chopped pistachios or any other nuts on top of the log and press gently.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Place the baking dish with the dough into the oven.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let it cool down to room temperature for 20-30 minutes.
- Slice the loaf into 1/2 to 1 inch thick slices.
- The top of the loaf will be firm but the inside will still be soft.
- Arrange the slices with the soft side up on a single layer in the baking dish.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and bake for 15 minutes on the top rack.
- After 15 minutes, take the baking dish out of the oven and flip the sides of the biscottis.
- Place the baking dish back in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Let the biscotti cool down in the oven.
- Once it is cooled down, serve as it is or with a cup of hot tea or coffee :-)
Hope you love this healthy recipe :-)
Scroll to Continue