Ice Cream In a Bag
Who doesn't like ice cream? It is one of my families most favorite treats! I love making ice cream in bag because its so easy and has just a few ingredients. Plus, the fact that its in a bag makes it practically mess free! This is a great way to let the youngsters help in the kitchen. Kids love making their own personal bags!
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 6 Tbs. Rock Salt
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 3 Tbs. Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp. Vanilla
- 4 cups Ice, (crushed is better)
- 2 Gallon Size Zip Bags
- 1 Hand Towel, (optional)
- Fill one bag with the ice and rock salt.
- Fill the other bag with milk, sugar, and vanilla. Seal Bag COMPLETELY!
- Place the milk mixture bag into the bag of ice. Seal this bag as well.
- Place the hand towel around the bags. This is an optional step. The bags are cold and this helps to keep your hands warm.
- Now SHAKE! You will need to shake this for about 10 min. Most kids love doing this part.
- The ice cream will start to look firm. That means it is ready to eat. Serve this immediately.
Now you can enjoy ice cream anytime at home! Try it with toppings for an extra something special. Enjoy!