Nyesha loves writing about cooking/recipes, restaurants, movies, weddings, and poetry.
A Delicious Veal Meal!
Easy baking of veal cutlets
Veal and other raw meats such as beef, chicken and pork can often take quite a long time to cook but these thinly sliced veal cutlets baked up fully cooked, hot and delicious in less than 1 hour because the veal is so thinly sliced.
Thinly sliced cuts of meat also lock in lots of flavor. This veal is not exception. Once cooked, this veal is very flavorful.
HOW TO MAKE QUICK & EASY VEAL CUTLETS FOR DINNER
Baked veal cutlets
For preparing these baked veal cutlets, I started the oven setting at 400 degrees F for the first 20 minutes and then lowered the oven temperature to 375 degrees for an additional 30 minutes.
Veal cutlets, generously seasoned with garlic powder and paprika
I used just 3 seasonings to prepare these baked veal cutlets for dinner.:
- garlic powder
- and paprika.
Next time, I will be putting some onion slices on top of the veal cutlets.
The kids love to eat this baked veal on a bed of easily prepared macaroni & cheese!
Macaroni and cheese as a quick side dish
- A box of the Barilla brand jumbo macaroni pasta serves eight people a proper portion size.
- For this easy macaroni and cheese, when the fully cooked macaroni pasta is drained of water, then 8 oz of sharp cheddar cheese can be added to the pot of hot drained pasta to melt.
- The stove top heat should be turned off by this time and the cheese will still melt quickly and readily into the macaroni pasta when the cheese is placed in the pot of hot, cooked, and drained macaroni pasta and the pot is covered for several minutes.
- The melted sharp cheddar cheese can be stirred to blend well in the hot, cooked, drained macaroni pasta and be distributed evenly.
That's all there is to making a very quick side of kid requested and approved macaroni and cheese for this delicious baked veal!
Instructions for how to make the baked veal
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a 9 x 12 baking tray with foil.
- Grease / coat the foil with one teaspoon of canola oil.
- Arrange freshly rinsed & thinly sliced raw veal cutlets on the greased foil in a single layer with no overlapping of the veal pieces.
- Sparingly sprinkle a small bit of salt on the veal. (1-2 teaspoons to suit taste)
- Sprinkle a generous amount of garlic powder and paprika (2-3 teaspoons of each) on the veal. Be sure to get the seasoning on all of the pieces of veal meat.
- Place the baking tray with the veal cutlets into the preheated oven.
- After twenty minutes, reduce the heat of the oven from 400 degrees to 375 degrees.
- After an additional 30 minutes, turn off the oven and remove the baking tray containing the veal cutlets from the heat.
- Allow the veal meat to cool bit. Then, serve & enjoy!
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
If you typically spend quite a bit of time on meal preparation, this refreshingly simple baked veal recipe will save you some time in the kitchen!
This veal is reasonably priced when on sale
I purchased this already thinly sliced veal cutlet from Food Lion supermarket at a cost of $5.99 per pound. I did not have to do any additional cutting of the veal meat before cooking it.
Marcho farms brand raw thinly sliced veal
The brand of raw veal that I purchased from Food Lion supermarket to make this veal dinner is Marcho Farms brand veal.
Please rate this veal recipe. Thanks!
© 2020 Nyesha Pagnou MPH
Nyesha Pagnou MPH (author) from USA on November 05, 2020:
Hi Ms. Peggy,
You're welcome & thank you too so much for posting this nice comment. Take care!
Peggy Woods from Houston, Texas on November 05, 2020:
Your veal cutlets seasoned with salt, garlic powder, and paprika sounds good, and the instructions make this an easy-to-prepare meal. Thanks!
Nyesha Pagnou MPH (author) from USA on October 26, 2020:
Thanks for your nice comment! Take care.
Kalpana Iyer from India on October 26, 2020:
This looks yum! Thanks for sharing the veal recipe.