Are you ready to explore a new type of snack this Veganuary? If so, we’ve got some great ideas for kid-friendly vegan snacks that are not only plant-based but delicious and satisfying, too! Whether your young ones want something crunchy and savory or something sweet and nutritious, these seven vegan snacks can help keep their bellies full between meals. Not only are all of these recipes totally cruelty free but they’re healthy as well—rich in plants, vitamins and minerals with zero animal by-products. So get out those cutting boards because it's time to cook up some tasty treats that everyone will love!
Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich
A classic combo that is sure to please, this sandwich is simple to make and can be easily customized to your child's liking.
- Start by spreading a layer of peanut butter on one slice of bread.
- Add a layer of bananas. You can either slice the bananas or mash them first.
- Add a second layer of peanut butter.
- Top with the other slice of bread.
- You can either eat the sandwich as is, or you can cut it into smaller pieces and serve it with a side of milk or fruit juice.
- If you want to get really creative, you can try adding other ingredients to the sandwich, such as chocolate chips, honey, or bacon
Fruit and Veggie Popsicles
These healthy popsicles are a great way to sneak some extra fruits and vegetables into your child's diet.
- Gather your ingredients: For this recipe, you'll need 1 cup of fresh strawberries, 1 cup of fresh blueberries, 1 cup of fresh raspberries, 1 cup of fresh blackberries, 1 cup of fresh pineapple, 1 cup of fresh mango, and 1 cup of plain yogurt.
- Wash your fruit: Be sure to thoroughly wash all of your fruit before you begin chopping it up. This will help to remove any dirt or bacteria that may be on the surface.
- Chop up your fruit: Once your fruit is washed, chop it into small pieces. You can make your popsicles as chunky or as smooth as you'd like, so feel free to chop the fruit to your desired consistency.
- Add the yogurt: Add the yogurt to a blender or food processor along with the chopped fruit. If you're using a blender, you may need to add a little bit of water to get the desired consistency.
- Blend everything together: Blend the yogurt and fruit until it reaches a smooth consistency. If you're using a food processor, you may need to stop and scrape down the sides a few times to make sure everything gets blended evenly.
- Pour the mixture into popsicle molds: Once the mixture is fully blended, pour it into popsicle molds (you can find these at most kitchen stores). If you don't have popsicle molds, you can also use small plastic cups or ice cube trays.
- Freeze for several hours: Place the popsicles in the freezer and let them freeze for at least 4 hours, or overnight if possible.
- Enjoy! Once they're frozen solid, remove the popsicles from their molds and enjoy! If using plastic cups or ice cube trays, simply run them under warm water for a few seconds to release the popsicles
Banana Ice Cream
This creamy and delicious "ice cream" is made with just two ingredients - ripe bananas and non-dairy milk.
- Start by prepping your ingredients. You'll need 2 ripe bananas, 1/2 cup of milk, 1 tablespoon of honey, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Cut the bananas into small pieces and place them in a blender or food processor. Add the milk, honey, and vanilla extract and blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Once the ice cream is finished, scoop it into a bowl and enjoy!
- If you want to add some extra flavor to your banana ice cream, try mixing in some chopped nuts, chocolate chips, or sliced fruit.
- You can also use this recipe to make banana sorbet! Just omit the milk and honey and add an extra ripe banana to the mix. Blend everything together and freeze in your ice cream maker for a refreshing treat.
- Want to get really creative with your banana ice cream? Try making banana ice cream sandwiches! Simply take two slices of your favorite bread, spread some banana ice cream on one slice, and top with the other slice. Then cut the sandwich into squares or triangles and enjoy!
- Another fun way to enjoy banana ice cream is by making banana popsicles! Pour the mixture into popsicle molds (you can find these at most kitchen stores) and freeze until solid. Then just pop them out and enjoy!
- If you're feeling really adventurous, you can even use this recipe to make banana ice cream pie! Just pour the mixture into a prepared pie crust and freeze until solid. Then top with whipped cream or your favorite toppings and enjoy!
- No matter how you choose to enjoy it, this delicious Banana Ice Cream recipe is sure to be a hit! So don't wait - give it a try today!
These easy cucumber "sandwiches" are a great way to use up leftover cucumbers from your garden or farmers market haul.
- 1 English cucumber, sliced into thin rounds
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, dill, chives, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Place a dollop of the yogurt mixture on each cucumber slice and spread it out with the back of a spoon. Serve immediately.
Chocolate Avocado Pudding
This rich and creamy pudding is made with just three ingredients - ripe avocados, cocoa powder, and non-dairy milk.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Wrap the whole avocado in aluminum foil and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, unwrap, and allow to cool.
- In a food processor, combine the cooled avocado, cocoa powder, honey, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Serve chilled topped with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cocoa powder.
- This Chocolate Avocado Pudding is a rich and creamy dessert that is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth! The best part about this pudding is that it is made with healthy ingredients like avocado and honey, so you can feel good about indulging in this treat!
These crispy roasted chickpeas make a great healthy snack that is high in protein and fiber.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the chickpeas out in a single layer.
- Roast the chickpeas for 20 minutes, or until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the chickpeas from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes before adding them to a salad or enjoying them as a snack.
- To make roasted chickpeas even more flavorful, try adding some spices before roasting them. Some good options include curry powder, cumin, garlic powder, or paprika.
- If you want your roasted chickpeas to be extra crunchy, you can try roasting them twice. Simply let them cool completely after the first roasting, then put them back on the baking sheet and roast them for an additional 10 minutes.
- Roasted chickpeas are a great way to add some extra protein and fiber to your diet. One cup of roasted chickpeas contains 12 grams of protein and 8 grams of fiber.
- Roasted chickpeas are also a good source of iron, potassium, and magnesium.
- If you are looking for a healthy snack that will help you stay full and satisfied, try roasted chickpeas! They are low in calories but high in nutrients and fiber, so they will help to keep you feeling full longer.
- Try making a batch of roasted chickpeas at the beginning of the week so you have them on hand for snacks or quick meals throughout the week
Vegan Trail Mix
This easy trail mix is a great way to use up any leftover nuts, seeds, or dried fruit you have on hand.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Combine the oats, wheat germ, sunflower seeds, and almonds in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the maple syrup, oil, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients, and mix until everything is evenly coated.
- Spread the mixture out on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before adding the raisins and chocolate chips.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
This vegan trail mix recipe is a healthy and delicious snack that's perfect for on-the-go eating. It's made with oats, wheat germ, sunflower seeds, almonds, raisins, and chocolate chips. The Maple syrup gives it a sweet flavor while the oil helps to keep everything moist and crunchy.
There are so many delicious and healthy snacks that you can make at home. From chocolate avocado pudding to roasted chickpeas and vegan trail mixes, there's something for everyone! All of these recipes are easy to make and packed with nutritious ingredients that will help keep you full and energized throughout the day. So why not give some of these recipes a try the next time you need a quick and healthy snack? You won't be disappointed!
© 2023 intriguewriter