Recipes When You Need Them
You bought the shrimp or the ground beef or the chocolate bits. Now you have to do something with it. The internet has so many uses yet many forget it is a treasure trove of recipe ideas. Whether you want to try a new twist on an old recipe or experiment with something new, there are wonderful websites waiting for you to click on them. Your family will love you for it too. From country cooking, to fabulous desserts, to meals with an international flair, from simple to challenging, these sites will make a chef out of you. With or without the black hat.
1) COOKS.COM - This is my favorite recipe site because it offers simple recipes. You don't have to run to a store and search for exotic ingredients. Many of the recipes here are submitted by the readers themselves and they do encourage you to share some of your own. User-friendly, you will want to come back again and again.
2) COOKEATSHARE.COM - CookEatShare is great because it is so diverse. It combines access to the world's highest rated recipes with recipe sharing. Here you can join a group featuring your favorite foods or connect with world class chefs and subscribe to their recipes. CookEatShare is a friendly site packed full of ideas and handy tips. Joining "the world's largest kitchen" is free and well worth the effort.
3) COOKINGCACHE.COM - Cooking cache is the place for people who love to cook. Not only are there over 7000 recipes to explore, but there are forums and discussion groups to help or share your kitchen experiences. Another friendly community especially around the holidays.
4) COOKSMARTS.COM - Cook Smarts strives to inspire and educate the ordinary cook. It offers video cooking lessons and easy-to-follow guides. Their meal plans take the stress out of preparing dinner. Its founder, Jess Dang, believes cooking simply should be a healthy and happy experience.
5) MYRECIPES.COM - My Recipes has the best food photos - vivid enough to make you hungry right away. This site not only offers holiday specific and other food ideas, it helps you count calories and eat right. You can subscribe to their newsletter and take advantage of their healthy diet suggestions.
6) ALLRECIPES.COM - All Recipes likes their readers to review their recipes and rate them. They make it easy for you to save and file your favorites. Easy to use and lots of fun, this is the place to find refreshing food suggestions like "cucumber lemonade" or "strawberry pie". Makes me hungry.
7) EPICURIOUS.COM - Epicurious calls itself the site for people who love to eat. This is a classy place that appreciates fine food and wine. They offer sweepstakes. They are partnered with Gourmet and bon appetit magazines.
8) RACHAELRAY.COM - Who doesn't love Rachael Ray? Her website is similar to her TV program - simple ways to cook on a budget. But that's not all. Besides useful everyday recipes, there are cocktail ideas, party planning, travel and so much more. A fun and informative cooking site with the Rachael Ray style.
9) FOODNETWORK.COM - This is the place to visit with all your favorite TV chefs. There's a section for cooking what's in season now, a healthy eating section, and links to the shows. Lots of quick and easy recipes for summer entertaining here too. Drop-down menus will take you anywhere you want to go.
10) RECIPELAND.COM - Recipe Land leans toward international cuisine. A great site that let's you create your own cookbook and menus. It also specializes in the use of herbs in cooking. It has news and opinion pieces on personal wellness and food for thought. Recipe Land is uniques and interesting.
There you have it. Get out Mom's old apron and show your family and friends what you can do. Whether you're a novice or queen of the kitchen, these websites are full of fun and tips every one of us can use.
Margie's Southern Kitchen from the USA on June 12, 2018:
Suziecat7 you have compiled a great list! I am pretty much stuck on Pinterest for my favorite site!
Stacy Deason on August 26, 2013:
This list is quite an old list you have mentioned!! There are plenty of cooking websites available these days like simply recipes, PunchFork, yummly and knorr.
What is like about http://www.knorr.com/ is that it offers you great chicken recipes and other recipes; freedom to select ideas for dinner even for weeknights or in your busy schedules.
StrommenFamilyRecipes on November 19, 2012:
I've compiled our family recipes at this website. I'm working through making each recipe so that I can take a picture of them. Also new recipes are added frequently! http://strommenfamilyrecipes.wordpress.com
rejosh george on September 30, 2012:
all looking great.if any one intrested in indian cooking check this website
suziecat7 (author) from Asheville, NC on June 20, 2012:
Nice website, Anshul.
Anshul Srivastava from Bangalore, India on June 18, 2012:
Hi guyz, I have recently put up my computer knowledge and cooking skills in developing a webite : http://mummysrecipe.com
Let me know, how it is :)
suziecat7 (author) from Asheville, NC on May 20, 2012:
Eleanor - I'm not sure fast food recipes would fit in here but perhaps in another Hub. Thanks for commenting.
Eleanor Brown on May 17, 2012:
Your hub was extremely helpful, but you left one out, fast food recipes from the biggest food chains.
suziecat7 (author) from Asheville, NC on January 18, 2012:
Warren - I think it's cool too.
Warren Leroux on January 18, 2012:
Can you tell me what you think of this site suziecat7
? http://www.worldrecipevideos.com - personally i think its cool
Kris on October 18, 2011:
This is a great and comprehensive list of recipe websites! I use www.allrecipes.com and www.cooks.com often. Also, www.myfoodplans.com is great because it offers weekly menus. Thanks again for such a complete list - harder to find than you would think.
suziecat7 (author) from Asheville, NC on August 24, 2011:
Thank you all for stopping by.
Diane on August 21, 2011:
Afunguy24, Recipe Zaar is now Food.com. They changed everything! Not sure if it was all for the better, but if you're looking for Recipe Saar, it has a new name.
powerofknowledge1 on August 10, 2011:
Great! Thanks for sharing
bornblond8dg on July 29, 2011:
Such a great article...your hub was so helpful, absolutely love to try new things...thanks for sharing!
bufala mozzarella on July 28, 2011:
This is a nice food to have.Love it
suziecat7 (author) from Asheville, NC on April 07, 2011:
The more the merrier. Thank you all for sharing your favorite recipe sites.
suziecat7 (author) from Asheville, NC on November 06, 2010:
MarieAlice - 4 kids, my goodness. Thank you so much for reading.
Maria Alicia Cardenas from Spain on November 06, 2010:
Since I have 4 kids I have to improve my cooking, I´m always looking for new recipes...your hub was so helpful!!!
suziecat7 (author) from Asheville, NC on August 01, 2010:
laki - I think it's really cool.
laki on August 01, 2010:
what do you think about http://jambalaya.rs/en/
suziecat7 (author) from Asheville, NC on June 23, 2010:
I'll check out your sites.
suziecat7 (author) from Asheville, NC on June 11, 2010:
Thanks, Sophia - I'll check it out.
Sophia on June 11, 2010:
My favorite is Recipe4Living. It has over 17,000 user-submitted recipes, recipe collections, meal planners, party guides, four different newsletters and more!
suziecat7 (author) from Asheville, NC on June 09, 2010:
Peggy - you are welcome.
Peggy Woods from Houston, Texas on June 09, 2010:
When we see something that looks excellent on the food network television, it is wonderful to have it made available in print form by going to foodnetwork.com which is one you mentioned. We tend to print out more of the recipes than we actually try...but we have good intentions when doing it. :-) Thanks for your list.
Sophia on May 18, 2010:
You should really check out www.recipe4living.com too! Great meal planners and party guides!!
Holle Abee from Georgia on April 17, 2010:
I've checked out a few of these. Thanks!
Lamme on April 15, 2010:
Great hub. No need for cookbooks anymore! Thanks for the links.
suziecat7 (author) from Asheville, NC on April 13, 2010:
aloft52 - I'll check out your blog.
Richard - thanks for reading.
Mochael - I'll have to go visit your Mexican food site. I love Mexican food.
Michael Willis from Arkansas on April 12, 2010:
Sorry for the duplication...hubpages froze on me when I hit enter.
Michael Willis from Arkansas on April 12, 2010:
Great informative hub. I see a couple of sites here I have not been to before. Thanks. And if you like Mexican recipes...you might try my favorite...http://www.mexgrocer.com/ I have found some good recipes on that site as well.
Richard Armen on March 11, 2010:
I use myrecipes.com quite often myself.
aloft52 from New Hampshire on March 07, 2010:
I love to cook, especially seafood and wild game. Check out some dishes on my blog, www.aloft52.wordpress.com
I've been to N. Carolina and agree with you that it is a beautiful place, much like New England.
suziecat7 (author) from Asheville, NC on February 16, 2010:
afunguy24 - oh, I left out a good one, huh? I will check them out. Thanks for stopping by and letting me know. And yes, I do my research but somehow missed this one.
afunguy24 from Swansea, IL on February 16, 2010:
I almost gave you thumbs down for no http://www.recipezaar.com/on the list. They are by far the best recipe site on the web. Do you research :)
Kebennett1 from San Bernardino County, California on November 26, 2009:
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I always need new ideas! I get tired of the same old things! Especially cooking, diabetic, low Cholesterol, low salt, diets! I am good at taking a recipe and altering it, but my cooking creativity is not so great!
gonnawantseconds on November 10, 2009:
I am a total foodie. I use all of these sights too. I love to use allrecipe and recipezaar because I can get a lot of opinions on a dish before I start. Then, of course, I give it my own spin!
Anamika S Jain from Mumbai - Maharashtra, India on October 31, 2009:
I am a foodie and good food means a lot to me.Thanks for sharing these Sites.
lyla from India on October 14, 2009:
Thanks for this great list.I use only about a couple of sites from this list.I'll try out the rest!:)
awsydney from Sydney, Australia on September 22, 2009:
This is all making me hungry! I think the food is quite different from what we are used to here in Australia. But great info all the same! Thanks.
Robert on July 30, 2009:
Great Hub this was a lot of help. I will keep these in my favs. One I recently found when I was trying to cook up some pork I had left over. The ones I tried were great.
vlkinpa from South central Pennsylvania on July 13, 2009:
I'm so glad I found your hubs. I've been bookmarking them like crazy.
Conrad2010 on July 07, 2009:
Great Hub two thumbs up.
pmalik from India on June 30, 2009:
wow.. love these new finds.. till now was just using allrecipes.. this list is great!!
suziecat7 (author) from Asheville, NC on June 29, 2009:
I love cooking so explore these often. Thanks for the comments.
Dorrene R on June 29, 2009:
I love cooking sites! Thanks for this article.
christine almaraz from colorado springs on June 25, 2009:
My two favs are Kraft.com and Land o Lakes.com. They have very easy to follow recipes. Great hub. I'll have to try the others that you have listed.
Camping Dan on June 23, 2009:
I use allrecipes.com constantly. I love that you can put ingrediants into a search and have a recipe put out that you can try.
Ethel Smith from Kingston-Upon-Hull on June 22, 2009:
Thanks for that. Much easier than those old cookery books that get so grubby