Kindergarten Worksheets - LKG & UKG
Kindergarten worksheets can be a very effective way of getting kindergarten kids practice basic concepts. Worksheets designed well with interesting activities and attractive illustrations appeal to children and they feel like doing them. Good worksheets can sustain the attention of children, who get a feeling of accomplishment when they complete the worksheet activity.
The kindergarten course in many places is classified into two parts - Lower Kindergarten (LKG) and Upper Kindergarten (UKG). Accordingly worksheets may be available for LKG as well as UKG.
See this article on printable kindergarten worksheets to see what the topics in a typical set of LKG worksheets may be.
UKG English worksheets - Lesson plan
UKG English worksheets may typically cover the following:
Capital and small letters in order
• Words with short vowel sounds: a,e,i,o,u
• Words with long vowel sounds: a,e,i,o,u
• Recognising words with same vowel sounds
• ‘This’ and ‘That’
• ‘Here’ and ‘There’
• ‘I’ and ‘You’
• ‘He’, ‘She’ & ‘It’
• Names of colours
• Singular & Plural
• ‘Is’ & ‘Are’
• These & Those
• Words with ‘ow’ & ‘oi’ sounds
• Sight words
• We, You & They
• What & Who
• Capital letters, Full stops & Question marks
• Answering with ‘Yes, it is’ and ‘No, it is not’
• In, On, Under & Near
• In front of & Behind
• Inside & Outside
• Near & Far
• Action words
• What are they doing?
• Has & Have
• Picture reading
• Simple sentences
UKG Maths worksheets - Lesson Plan
UKG maths worksheets may typically cover the following -
• Review: Identification of numbers ( 1 to 100)
• Review: Counting 1 to 100
• Review: The number line
• Review: Numbers and number names
• Understanding zero
• Before, After & Between – on the number line
• Comparison of numbers
• Smallest & Greatest
• Addition: Picture stories
• Addition: counting with pictures
• Counting forward from any number
• Addition: Using fingers & Lines
• Addition: On the number line
• Addition sums
• Addition table of 1 and 10.
• Addition examples
• Ones and Tens
• Subtraction: Picture stories
• Subtraction: By crossing out
• Counting backwards from any number
• Subtraction: Using fingers and lines
• Subtraction: Using the number line
• Subtraction sums
• Subtraction examples
UKG - General Knowledge worksheets - Lesson Plan
UKG General Knowledge worksheets may typically cover the following -
• Our body
• Cleanliness & good habits
• Good manners
• Wild and domestic animals
• Animal sounds, babies & homes
• Fruits & Vegetables
• Air & water
• The Sun & the Moon
• Our country
• People at work
• Days & Months
Printable kindergarten worksheets
Kindergarten worksheets are widely available - you can get them as bound workbooks or as individual worksheets. They are also easily available online - both as physical workbooks/worksheets you can order and have sent to you and as printable worksheets that you can download and print on your home printer.
Printable kindergarten worksheets are advantageous in that you can get them instantly (you can download them anytime) and conveniently. You can also usually print out selected worksheets, or specific worksheets more than once for more practice.
Kindergarten worksheet videos
In kindergarten worksheet videos we can watch the worksheet being actually performed by some animated character. Again this may be interesting for kids since they usually enjoy watching animated videos.
See Chalky the magic chalk doing a kindergarten (LKG) number recognition worksheet
- Kindergarten alphabet worksheets
Kindergarten alphabet worksheets help kindergarten kids learn to identify the letters of the alphabet, trace and write the letters and learn the sequence of all the letters in the alphabet. Kindergarten worksheets are an interesting way for kids to..
- Letter recognition worksheets
Letter recognition worksheets can be used to help preschool and kindergarten children recognize the letters of the alphabet. Different types of letter recognition worksheets are shown.
- Kindergarten number worksheets
Kindergarten number worksheets can make learning numbers for preschool and kindergarten kids fun and interesting. Number recognition, tracing, missing numbers and counting worksheets can be useful.
- Number recognition worksheets
Number recognition worksheets can be an interesting way to help learn numbers. Given here are several types of number recognition worksheets with pictures of worksheets and videos showing the activity
- Printable Kindergarten Worksheets | Worksheets for ...
Use printable kindergarten worksheets that you can download and print to make learning fun. See the benefits of these and sample kindergarten worksheets and video and tips on alphabet and numbers teaching.
Deepika Chhabra on May 19, 2015:
I want worksheets for my 1st grade child
pen on October 16, 2013: