Kids haircut at home
Cut kids hair at home yourself and you will saving a lot of money and it will be a lot of fun as well. Kids hairstyle need to be simple, easy to manage, and for girls, not too long so that it does not hamper their fun on swings, slides, or other fun activities. This How to cut hair at home will help you boost your confidence and experiment with your kids hair.
How to cut kids hair?
Things needed for kids haircut at home:
- Sharp scissors
- Home haircutting kit
- Water bottle
Children start to take an interest in their own hairstyle from an early age and it’s great to encourage them to choose a style and teach them some hair care tips.
How to cut kids hair at home:
1. One of the best things you can do is to talk with your child about what happens when they get their haircut. That way the scissors and clippers and razors won't be a surprise to the little ones. Plus, if it's not a surprise, then they are less likely to freak about it.
2. Wet the hair first. By leaving the hair damp, and well conditioned, the hair is easy to manipulate. Combing or brushing the hair also helps.
3. Determine the length of hair that you want. If you have curly hair, make the length a little longer than desired because the curls will raise the hairline when they dry.
4. Take your time. The smaller the cut, the less likely one will mess up the hair and need to have it fixed.
Tips for kids hair cut at home:
- Always use sharp scissors as dull and blunt scissors result in uneven hairstyle.
- Always cut small length of hair at beginning.
- Always comb or brush the hairs to make them tangle free.
- For girls, keep it simple because hair can easily get tangled up when they are out playing.
- Brush girl's hair daily to keep out knots and tangles
- Avoid short haircuts if the kid's hair is thin.
- It is better to stay away from any hair clip with sharp teeth as it can cut into the kid's hair and cause hair damage.
- Best board games for 4 year old boys
- How to teach Abacus to kids
- Free Printable Spongebob Squarepants Coloring Pages
- How to teach colors to kids and preschool children
- Benefits of Yoga for Kids
- Kids hair cut
Video that shows how to cut kids hair at home
skye2day on February 13, 2014:
I am a hairstylist of 3 decades. In my experience it is much easier to take small children to a stylist rather than mom or dad attempting at home. My own children wiggled and squiggled way too much for my patience. They listened to another hair stylist much better than mom. When my daughters got older 10 plus years I started doing their hair. I have done it for a couple of decades by now. Anyway at the time 10 years old they sat very still and paid attention to what I asked them to do. They wanted me to make no mistake! Now I have two grandsons 2 and 3 years old I attempted a couple of haircuts on them and now I take them to a great clips. They they do much better than nanny cutting it. It is worth the cost for me. If great clips blows the hair cut the hair grows very fast. Anyway that's my story. Best wishes on those haircuts. Each head of hair is so different so the approach is different and obvious the styles are different. Thanks for writing this. I have fixed and repaired many kids haircuts over the years that mom or dad attempted to cut. You get what you pay for. tee hee. Best wishes for a joyous new year. Love, Skye
Mama H. on June 02, 2013:
Is there a video for girls???
cute girls 4567@terrible drama queens on August 13, 2012:
I like this website it really taught me about these things I didn't really know much about thanks:):):):)&;)
ShearHeat on May 05, 2012:
Great hub! Using a high quality set of shears will provide a better cut, more precise and cleaner. Check out http://www.ShearHeat.com to find a great selection of hair scissors. They provide a free razor and shipping with shear orders too!
Jax on January 04, 2011:
Bad thing about this video is it is basically how to cut your child a mini mullet...
Someone from the isle on September 10, 2009:
I found this video good as she does explain quiet a lot. I wish there were one to cut girls hair as well..
rezi on August 12, 2009:
she is not profesional at oll ...She has to keep the sezors closed while she comb the hair ...pfff