Katrina Kaif made her film debut with the forgetful Boom in 2003. Starring alongside Amitabh Bachchan, Jackie Shroff, and Gulshan Grover, she didn’t make any great impression in this doomed film. However, the film’s failure didn’t affect her Bollywood career, but she became an overnight celebrity after she got attention from the media as Salman Khan’s new girlfriend.With Salman Khan as her godfather in Bollywood, she grabbed some good roles in the big banner films during the late 2000s and eventually became a star. Despite being a part of many hit films, she has failed to make a mark for herself in Bollywood. Even today, she is cast in films to add glamour with the song numbers.
A man with versatile acting skills and a range of emotions, he is the most underrated actor in Bollywood. Known for his flawless dialogue delivery and typical gestures, Menon collected accolades and awards for films like ‘Hazaron Khwahishein Aisi’, ‘Shaurya’ and ‘Gulaal’. Menon shown through ‘Deewar’ which was a commercial flop starring Amitabh Bachchan. He is the one of those rare actors in the Hindi film industry who can breathe life into dead roles.
Popularly known for his hulk figure, John Abraham is yet to prove his mettle in Bollywood. The only reason that he is still sticking around in the film industry is because of his muscular body that earned him the role model status for fitness within the industry.Even his characters in the films mostly resonate with his muscular physique, where he is mostly cast for action sequences rather than acting itself. After debuting with Jism alongside Bipasha Basu, John Abraham hasn’t looked back yet. However, he has not given a single solo hit (except force) at the box office during his decade-long career.
Distinguished for playing offbeat and unconventional roles in numerous movies, Manoj Bajpai is a gem of an underrated bollywood actor who was recently appreciated for his role of Sardar Khan in Gow. A veteran theater artist and winner of two National Awards in the past, the actor despite being appreciated by all, is still considered as an underachiever by Hindi film industry standards. But, of late, the winds of change in Bollywood are being felt.
Sonam Kapoor and Ranbir Kapoor kick-started their career by debuting in the box office bomb Saawariya. After which Ranbir Kapoor proved his mettle with some brilliant films, whereas Sonam Kapoor became a mere eye candy in all the films she worked.
For almost a decade, she has been doing lead roles in several different movies, but she is yet not considered in the same league as Deepika Padukone or Anushka Sharma. Her acting skills are also not at par, even though she showed some promise with her recent movie Neerja .
The famous actor, writer, film producer and television host, R. Madhavan has been one of the most famous underdogs in the Hindi film industry for years. He is one of the most renowned actors in his home state of Tamil Nadu but not in Bollywood. His Hindi accent is okay and his performance is beyond doubt; however, even his recent performance in the acclaimed movie ‘3idiots’ didn’t bring him the kind of attention it brought Aamir Khan. In fact, Aamir Khan (no offence meant) dominated the whole film, just like he had in ‘Rang De Basanti’ which also starred Madhavan.
She made her debut with Gangs of Wasseypur and received amazing reviews from the critics for movies like badlapur, gos,etc, but she is still underrated.
Another critically acclaimed actress, She is best known for her commendable performance in Badlapur, Hunter and Manjhi The Mountain Man but remains underrated.
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan is a true multilingual. She can speak six languages. Being a South Indian the beauty is well versed with Tulu and Tamil. Since she has lived in Maharastra, she learnt Marathi in school and she understands Bengali as well because she has portrayed Bengali character in film Chokher Bali.
- Sridevi portrayed the role of superstar Rajnikanth's stepmom in Tamil movie Moondru Mudichu at the tender age of 13.
- When she was only sixteen years old, she had a crush on sports star Nayan Mongia. She said, “Oh my, I am blushing now. Ok it wasn't just me, all the girls in my gang used to like either Sachin Tendulkar or Nayan Mongia. But this was when I was 16.”
- A controversy had happened in 2007 between Ranbir Kapoor and Amrita Rao, as Yashraj’s films offered a movie to her where she had to kiss Ranbir Kapoor on screen. She denied and rejected that film offer.
- She is a professional dancer. Taapsee started learning Kathak and Bharatanatyam since fourth grade. She took the dance seriously and won several inter-college dance competitions.
- She is an example of beauty with brain. She is not even well-versed in acting and dancing but also she is a scholar in her academics as well. Taapsee had secured 90% in 12th standard and pursued engineering at GTBIT College. She even had future plans to pursue an MBA and also cleared entrance exam with a CAT score of 88%.
- The beautiful diva of Bollywood had also participated in Miss India 2008 pageant and won the titles of Pantaloons Femina Miss Fresh Face and also Safi Femina Miss Beautiful Skin.
- In Pink, she played the role of a molestation victim. In an interview, she had spoken about being eve-teased in real life, while she was in Delhi. The Pink actress used to travel in DTC buses while going to college and was touched at the wrong place during that time.
- She also runs an event company ‘The Wedding Factory’ which organises events and weddings. She runs the company along with her two partners Farah Parvaresh and her sister, Shagun Pannu.
Images : Google
© 2020 Huma Gul Khan