The author is a fan of Song Hye Kyo since her childhood days. She really likes her TV Series Full House because it's a romantic comedy.
Song Hye Kyo
Song Hye Kyo was born on November 22, 1981 in South Korea. When Song was born, she was seriously ill and her doctors thought that she won't survive. She was young when her parents divorced. She was raised by her mother. Her parents registered her birth on February 26, 1982 but her actual birth date is November 22, 1981.
Song was a talented figure skater before but she quits when she won the Sun Kyung Smart Model Contest (School Uniform Company). She studied at Sejong University and earned a degree in Film Arts. She also travelled to the US to learn English.
5. All In
Kim In Ha (Lee Byung Hun) is an orphan who were taken by his gambler uncle. He always follow his uncle around and help in gambling. He hangs out with his friends mostly in the basement theater. A model student and a rich son of theater owner Choi Jung Won (Ji Sung) became friends and close with him. Both of them fall in love with Min Su-yeon (Song Hye Kyo), daughter of the projectionist at the theater. In Ha and Jung Won plans to avenge Su Yeon's father by setting fire to a gangster hideout. The Gang Leader was killed accidentally due to it. In ha is sentenced seven years imprisonment while Jung Won went to United States to study. Seven years later, by chance, all of them ended up working in the same casino. In Ha and Su Yeon falls in love with each other but they were separated when In Ha was forced to immigrate to US. He was hired as a Mafia Hitman there. Luckily, Su Yeon and In Ha met again and both of them decided to get married. However, In Ha got a near-fatal gunshot on their wedding day. Su Yeon return to Korea grieving. Jung Won intervenes between Su Yeon and In Ha when In Ha finally recovers and back to Korea.
- Lee Byung-hun as Kim In-ha
- Jin Goo as young In-ha
- Song Hye-kyo as Min Su-yeon/Sister Angela
- Han Ji-min as young Su-yeon
- Ji Sung as Choi Jung-won
- Go Dong-hyeon as young Jung-won
- Park Sol-mi as Seo Jin-hee
- Shin Ah as young Jin-hee
- Park Sol-Mi as Seo Jin-Hee
- Lee Deok-Hwa as Choi Do-Hwan
- Seon Woo Eun Suk as Yoon Hye-Sun
- Kim Tae-Yeon as Jenny
- Heo Jun-Ho as Yoo Jong-Koo
- Choi Jung-Won as Yoo Jung-Ae
- Yuko Fueki as Rie
- Jin Goo as Kim In-Ha (young)
- Han Ji-Min as Min Soo-Yeon (young)
In 2003 SBS Drama Awards, Song Hye Kyo won an award as Top Excellence Award Actress and she and Lee Byung Hun as one of the Top 10 Stars.
4. Endless Love/ Autumn In My Heart
Endless Love/ Autumn In My Heart- There were two girls who has the same birthday. They were in the same school and village. One is living in a happy life, rich family and loving parents and a brother. The other one was raised by a single parent and lived in poverty. Their names are Yoon Eun Suh ( Song Hye Kyo ), who grows up rich and Shin Ae who grows up poor. The switching happens between them when Eun Suh has a car accident and need a blood transfusion. In Blood Test, it was discovered that Eun Suh's blood is different from her parents. It was revealed that during her birth there was a swapping happens. Shin Ae was indeed the real daughter of the rich family. The two girls were returned to their respective families. Yoon Jun Suh (Eun Suh's brother) was sad knowing the truth. After some years, the Yoon Family leaves Korea and went to States and Eun Suh was left with her real family. Meanwhile, Jun Suh returns to Korea and become an Artist and by chance he was reunited by Eun Suh his former sibling. Eun Suh and Jun Suh sad love story begins.
- Song Seung-heon as Yoon Joon-suh
- Choi Woo-hyuk as young Joon-suh
- Song Hye-kyo as Yoon/Choi Eun-suh
- Moon Geun-young as young Eun-suh
- Won Bin as Han Tae-seok
- Han Chae-young as Choi/Yoon Shin-ae
- Lee Ae-jung as young Shin-ae
- Han Na-na as Shin Yoo-mi
- Jung Dong-hwan as Professor Yoon (Joon-suh's father)
- Sunwoo Eun-sook as Lee Kyung-ha (Joon-suh's mother)
- Kim Hae-sook as Kim Soon-im (Eun-suh's mother)
- Kim Na-woon as Housekeeping supervisor Kim
- Kim Hyung-jong as Ji-han
- Seo Yoon-jae as Kang-hee
In 37th Baeksang Arts Awards, Song Hye Kyo won an award for Most Popular Female in Television. Endless Love also gained popularity in the Philippines and even have a remake starring Dingdong Dantes and Marian Rivera.
3. That Winter The Wind Blows
Oh Soo (Jo In Sung) is the best gambler in their neighborhood. He has a meaningless life after being abandoned by his parents at a young age and failed to protect his first love. He was lost when his first love dies. On the other hand, Oh Young is a blind girl and a lonely heiress who owns a large corporation. She don't trust people easily especially the person who caused her parents divorced. Oh Soo plans to scam Oh Young to pay his debt to a gangster by acting as her lost brother. Later on, The two found love in each others arms and their fate becomes entwine.
- Jo In Sung as Oh Soo
- Song Hye-kyo as Oh Young
- Kim Bum as Park Jin-sung
- Jung Eun-ji as Moon Hee-sun
- Bae Jong-ok as Wang Hye-ji
- Kim Tae-woo as Jo Moo-chul
- Kim Kyu-chul as Jang Sung
- Kim Young-hoon as Lee Myung-ho
- Im Se-mi as Son Mi-ra
- Choi Seung-kyung as Shim Joong-tae
- Han Jung-hyun as Kim Jung-hyun
- Jung Kyung-soon as Jo Sun-hee
- Kim Jong-hyun as gangster
- Go In-beom as Jin-sung's father
- Seo Hyo-rim as Jin So-ra
- Lee Jae-woo as Oh Soo
- Kyung Soo-jin as Moon Hee-joo
- Yoo Gun as Jung-woo
In 2013 2nd APAN Star Awards, Daesang (Grand Prize) and Top Excellence Award, Actress in a Miniseries was awarded to Song Hye Kyo. She also won as one of the Top 10 stars (SBS Drama Awards).
2. Full House
Han Ji Eun (Song Hye Kyo) is an aspiring writer. A cheerful and optimistic girl who lives in a house called "Full House". She inherited it from her parents. The house was built by his father. She was trick by her two best friends who makes her believe that she has won a free vacation. While she's gone, They sold her house to Lee Young Jae (Rain). An arrogant and self centered Korean Star. He was secretly in love to his childhood friend, Hye Won (Han Eun Jung). Ji Eun and Young Jae enters into a marriage contract that will last for six months. They agreed to lived together even though they don't get along well due to opposite habits. As the complications arise, Ji Eun and Young Jae falls in love with each other.
- Song Hye Kyo as Han Ji Eun
- Rain as Lee Young Jae
- Han Eun Jung as Kang Hye Won
- Kim Sung Soo as Yoo Min Hyuk
- Jang Yong as Mr. Lee, Young Jae's Father
- Sun Woo Eun Sook as Mrs. Kim, Young Jae's Mother
- Kim Ji Young as Young-Jae's grandmother
- Kang Do-han as Shin Dong-wook, Ji Eun's Friend
- Lee Young Eun as Yang Hee-Jin, Ji Eun's Friend
- Im Ye Jin as Dae Pyo, Young Jae's Manager
2004 KBS Drama Awards
- Top Excellence Award, Actress- Song Hye Kyo
- Popularity Award, Actress- Song Hye Kyo
- Best Couple- Rain and Song Hye Kyo
It was aired in the Philippines many times that makes it as one of the highest rated Korean Dramas. It also has Philippine Remake Starring Richard Gutierrez and Heart Evangelista.
1. Descendants of the Sun
Yoo Si-Jin (Song Joong Ki) is the captain of a South Korean Special Forces Unit. He is also known as Big Boss. He and his friend Sergeant Major Seo Dae-Young (Jin Goo) caught a young man steals the motorcycle. They shoot him using the toy gun borrowed from store. The thief was captured and sent to the hospital to treat his injury. Dae-Young notices that his phone was stolen by the thief and went to the hospital along with Si Jin to get back the phone. Dr. Kang Mo Yeon (Song Hye Kyo) meets for the first time Si Jin. She mistakenly thought that he is part of a criminal's gang due to his alias Big Boss which is actually a call sign. Si Jin and Dae-Young's identity was proven when Army Surgeon Yoon Myung-Ju (Kim Ji Won) arrives and tell her that they were indeed a soldiers.
- Song Joong Ki as Yoo Si-Jin a.k.a Big Boss
- Song Hye Kyo as Kang Mo Yeon a.k.a Beauty
- Jin Goo as Seo Dae-Young
- Kim Ji Won as Yoon Myung-Ju
52nd Baeksang Arts Awards:
Most Popular Actress (TV)- Song Hye Kyo
iQiyi Global Star Award- Song Hye Kyo
43rd Korean Broadcasting Grand Prize:
Best Drama- Descendants of the Sun
Excellent Korean Drama- Descendants of the Sun
5th APAN Star Awards:
Drama of the Year- Descendants of the Sun
Best Couple Award- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo
9th Korea Drama Awards
Best Drama- Descendants of the Sun
21st Asian Television Awards
Best Drama Series- Descendants of the Sun
Korean Popular Culture and Arts Awards
Presidential Award- Song Joong-ki, Song Hye-kyo, Kim Eun-sook
30th KBS Drama Awards
Grand Prize (Daesang)- Song Hye-kyo,
Best Couple Award- Song Joong-ki and Song Hye-kyo
Asia Best Couple Award- Song Joong-ki and Song Hye-kyo
Korea Communications Commission Broadcasting Awards
Grand Prize for Excellence in Production- Descendants of the Sun
50th WorldFest-Houston International Film Festival
Special Jury Award (TV series)- Descendants of the Sun
Song Hye Kyo wons a lot of awards in this drama not only her but also Song Joong Ki and the drama itself. It also gains worldwide popularity. She and Song Joong Ki awarded as The Best Couple in 2016. Their Love Team were voted as the most wanted on screen couple to become an official item in real life.
Facts about Song Hye Kyo Leading Mans
Lee Byung Hun
- He and Song Hye Kyo become a real life couple .
Song Seung Hun
- He chooses Song Hye Kyo as his ideal partner.
Jo In Sung
- He's considered to play the role of Yoo Si Jin but rejected the offer. He's the one who recommended Song Joong Ki to the production team of Descendants of the Sun. Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo met because of him.
- They were rumored before that they were dating. Rain visits Song Hye Kyo in the set of her movie before, to show his support as a friend to her.
Song Joong Ki
- They denied dating rumors before but surprisingly announced their wedding.
Point of View
I think her most popular drama's are Full House and Descendants of the Sun. Who wouldn't forget the Three Little Bear Song that touches the heart of so many audiences. They were tag as the "Mama Bear and Papa Bear Couple" . As one of the earliest love teams, these two never failed me to laugh. Remembering sweet and funny scenes, their love and war relationship brought them as the Best Couple in 2004 KBS Drama Awards. Descendants of the Sun was internationally recognized. This is the most popular drama that she have done for now. "Song Song Couple" is the most popular and hottest love team until now. It maybe due to that Song Song couple got married in real life. Currently, She's doing the drama "Encounter" together with Park Bo Gum.
© 2019 Nekomander
jessy studio on May 19, 2020:
hope to see her either song seung heon or won bin in drama again
Robert on January 24, 2020:
I miss seeing him with rain in a drama