Hello, I am here to give my humble opinions, I consider myself a part of the anime community. I have watched countless anime titles.
This is the ultimate comedy anime list none of the anime featured here are pushovers. I tried my very best to make this list as diverse as I could so that everyone can absolutely fall in love with at least one of the anime mentioned here.
If you are veteran anime fan that has watched everything, you should check out this list
The list includes some more sophisticated comedies, but comedy does not have to be that way, it can be trashy but being just as much enjoyable, so list those kinds of shows too, make no mistake all of the shows are very amusing.
This list includes at least 1 best comedic moment from the show so you see the art style, and the type of humor the show has. Enjoy!
20. Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto
You know this list is good when such a golden anime is this low.
PLOT : First-year high school student Sakamoto isn't just cool, he's the coolest! Almost immediately after starting school, he began attracting everyone's attention. The girls love him, and most of the boys resent him. There's even a boy in the class who works as a model, but who is constantly upstaged by Sakamoto! No matter what tricks the other boys try to play on him, Sakamoto always manages to foil them with ease and grace. Though Sakamoto may seem cool and aloof, he helps others when asked, such as in the case of the boy in his class who was being constantly bullied. No matter what difficulties Sakamoto encounters, he moves through his high school life with confidence and class.
- Anime has 1 season and 12 episodes.
- The anime does not have a deep story, as it is episodic although this aids in the goofiness of the show.
19. Golden Boy
This anime is an OG Ecchi comedy anime, but not too Ecchi if you catch my drift.
PLOT : Golden Boy is the story of Kintaro Oe, a twenty-five-year-old in pursuit of life's lessons. A brilliant student, he dropped out of Tokyo University's law program because he had mastered the entire curriculum. Now he lives a simple life, traveling on his bicycle and working numerous part-time jobs ranging from software companies to noodle restaurants in order to learn everything that he can about the world. Although he's a kind and giving person, Kintaro's only weakness lies in his lust for beautiful women. However, as long as he can control himself, he may just manage to save the day, and win a few hearts in the process.
- Short and very good to watch when you do have the luxury that is time.
- The anime has only 1 season with 6 episodes.
18. Great Teacher Onizuka (GTO)
This anime also is pretty old, but none the less gold.
PLOT : Inspired by Japanese anime. Eikichi Onizuka, an ex-biker gang leader who is still a virgin, has decided to become the world's greatest teacher... for the purpose of meeting sexy high school girls. But he just found himself teaching a class of delinquents, in a school where everyone tries to find a way to fire him for his weird, inappropriate behavior as a teacher.
- The anime has many adaptations, but here I only mention 1 season and 43 episodes.
17. Is This a Zombie?
This is an especially humorous Ecchi anime.
PLOT: Ayumu has no pulse and very little luck. He was murdered by a serial killer and has been brought back to life. Sort of. He has come back as a zombie in servitude to the cute necromancer who brought him back. Then one night, as Ayumu was spending time in the graveyard a mysterious girl with a chainsaw sliced him in half. Instead of dying (again), Ayumu became the world's first magical girl zombie.
- This anime has 1 season and 12 episodes.
16. Cromartie High School
This anime is very funny and does not take the help of 'Ecchiness' to be amusing, instead, it has some weirdness to glitter itself with comedic gems.
PLOT : Is this real life? Is this just fantasy? The only thing for certain is that for Kamiyama, Cromartie High School is his reality. And what a surreal reality it is. Because this is where the toughest, meanest (and, often dumbest) students are sent to do time. At Cromartie, purple-mohawked bruisers and pencil-chomping street thugs are just part of everyday life. And so is a 400-pound gorilla. And a macho brute named Freddie who travels with his own theme music. And, of course, Mechazawa, the student voted most likely to need an oil change. So pack your bags, put on your best tough-guy swagger, and get a lesson in insanity from the hilarious losers at Cromartie High. This is one class you won't ever want to cut.
- Possesses short episodes.
- Cromartie High School has 1 season and 26 episodes.
- 12 minutes each episode.
15. Devil is a Part Timer
- Author of this anime had a plentiful imagination, which is definitely needed to make a devil a part-timer.
- This show is phenomenal with a good plot and hilarious characters.
- PLOT: Foiled by a hero when he’s inches away from conquering the world, the devil finds himself in modern-day Tokyo. With no real-world skills to speak of, the devil is forced to make ends meet flipping burgers at a fast food joint! To stall any further plans of world domination, the hero tracks the devil’s trail and takes on the lowly tasks of a telemarketer.
- The show has 1 season and 13 episodes.
14. My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU
- This anime is not as silly compared remaining entries in this list, its one heck of unique MC covers for it.
- This an exceptional romance anime with hilarious comedic bits with a beautiful story.
- Though season 1 is totally better than season 2, still the season to has much more of the story aspect of the anime.
- PLOT: Hachiman Hikigaya is an apathetic high school student with narcissistic and semi-nihilistic tendencies. He firmly believes that joyful youth is nothing but a farce, and everyone who says otherwise is just lying to themselves. In a novel punishment for writing an essay mocking modern social relationships, Hachiman's teacher forces him to join the Volunteer Service Club, a club that aims to extend a helping hand to any student who seeks their support in achieving their goals. With the only other club member being the beautiful ice queen Yukino Yukinoshita, Hachiman finds himself on the front line of other people's problems—a place he never dreamed he would be. As Hachiman and Yukino use their wits to solve many students' problems, will Hachiman's rotten view of society prove to be a hindrance or a tool he can use to his advantage?
- Anime has 2 seasons each with thirteen episodes, a grand total of 26 Eps.
13. One Punch Man
- This anime has it all, story, good animation, just everything the only question is, why is it so low on the list, regrettably due to the reason I have trash taste and I did not like it as much as the other ones on this list.
- PLOT: The seemingly ordinary and unimpressive Saitama has a rather unique hobby: being a hero. In order to pursue his childhood dream, he trained relentlessly for three years—and lost all of his hair in the process. Now, Saitama is incredibly powerful, so much so that no enemy is able to defeat him in battle. In fact, all it takes to defeat evildoers with just one punch has led to an unexpected problem—he is no longer able to enjoy the thrill of battling and has become quite bored.
This all changes with the arrival of Genos, a 19-year-old cyborg, who wishes to be Saitama's disciple after seeing what he is capable of. Genos proposes that the two join the Hero Association in order to become certified heroes that will be recognized for their positive contributions to society, and Saitama, shocked that no one knows who he is, quickly agrees. And thus begins the story of One Punch Man, an action-comedy that follows an eccentric individual who longs to fight strong enemies that can hopefully give him the excitement he once felt and just maybe, he'll become popular in the process.
- 1 season with 12 episodes.
12. The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.
- Superb show! splendidly amusing characters and story.
- Episodic anime.
- PLOT: Kusuo Saiki is a high school student who was born with all manner of psychic abilities, including telepathy, psychokinesis, teleportation, and more. Despite having all these powers, Saiki faces all kinds of hardships and tries to avoid attention as much as possible. The story follows Saiki as he attempts to secretly use his powers to live a normal high school life while dealing with his less than ordinary classmates at P.K. Academy.
- The programme has 2 seasons each with 24 episodes.
- Barakamon as anime about Sei Handa who is a calligraphy protege.
- PLOT: Seishū Handa is a pro calligrapher, despite his young age. When the elderly curator of an exhibition criticizes his calligraphy for being too unoriginal ("like a textbook"), Seishū gets angry and punches him. Because of this, his father sends him off for a retreat on Gotō Island, near Kyūshū. There, he meets the colorful villagers, interacts with them, and begins to find his own style.
- Anime is equal to its sequel Handa-kun only reason Handa is above is that I drew lots.
- the anime has 1 season and 12 episodes.
- The show is about Sei Handa from Barakamon, this comedy is laughably supreme.
- PLOT: Hated by everyone around him, Sei Handa goes about his high school life regarded as an outcast—or at least that's what he believes. In reality, Sei is the most popular student on campus, revered by all for his incomparable calligraphy skills, good looks, and cool personality. However, due to an endless series of misunderstandings, Handa perceives the worship he receives from his legions of fans as bullying, leading the school's idol to shut himself off from the rest of his classmates. But distancing himself from his peers doesn't deter them from adoring him; in fact, his attempts at drawing attention away from himself often end up unintentionally converting even the most skeptical of students into believers. Fashion models, shut-in delinquents, obsessive fangirls, and more—none can stand against the brilliance that is Sei Handa.
- Handa-kun has 1 season and 12 episodes.
9. Amagi Brilliant Park
- Series is pretty hard to explain yet it holds a top of the range story and To damn especial though lovable characters.
- PLOT: Kanie Seiya, a smart and extremely narcissistic high school student, believes that the beautiful but reserved Sento Isuzu has invited him on a date at an amusement park called Amagi Brilliant Park. Much to his chagrin, not only is the location a run-down facility, the supposed date is merely a recruitment tour where Sento and Princess Latifa Fleuranza, the owner of the theme park, ask him to become the park's new manager. Their cause for desperation? As stipulated in a land-use contract, Amagi has less than three months to meet a quota of 500,000 guests, or the park will be closed for good and the land redeveloped by a greedy real-estate company. Seiya is won over by the revelation that Amagi is no ordinary amusement park; many of its employees are Maple Landers—mysterious magical beings who live in the human world and are nourished by the energy created by people having fun. Entrusted with the hopes and dreams of this far-off enchanted land, Seiya must now use his many skills to bring Amagi back on its feet or watch it crumble before his eyes.
- Oh yeah, and it also features some magical costumed people type beings.
- The story is too great and comedy is on point.
- 1 season and 13 episodes.
8. The Pet Girl of Sakurasou
- Now this one is pretty damn close to my heart, story is too heart-warming.
- This show somehow inspires watchers to make their careers.
- PLOT: One day, Mashiro Shiina, a cute, innocent girl who's also a world-famous artist, moves into the dorm. Sorata thought he needed to protect Mashiro from the strange people living in the dorm, but she had her own incredible secret—she's bankrupt of the ability to live on her own! She gets lost whenever she goes outside, her room is a constant mess, and she can't even pick out her own underwear, let alone put them on. Sorata winds up appointed as her “owner” by the other dorm students, and so the “master and pet” life between an average boy, Sorata, and brilliant girl Mashiro begins…? This story is a romantic comedy of youth told by a brilliant girl, an average man, and other eccentric people.
- 1 season and 24 episodes
- This anime is a romantic comedy, and if you are interested in romantic comedy animes, check this list out
- Was literally the best comedy anime of 2016.
- PLOT: After dying a laughable and pathetic death on his way back from buying a game, high school student and recluse Kazuma Satou finds himself sitting before a beautiful but obnoxious goddess named Aqua. She provides the NEET with two options: continue on to heaven or reincarnate in every gamer's dream—a real fantasy world! Choosing to start a new life, Kazuma is quickly tasked with defeating a Demon King who is terrorizing villages. But before he goes, he can choose one item of any kind to aid him in his quest, and the future hero selects Aqua. But Kazuma has made a grave mistake—Aqua is completely useless!
Unfortunately, their troubles don't end here; it turns out that living in such a world is far different from how it plays out in a game. Instead of going on a thrilling adventure, the duo must first work to pay for their living expenses. Indeed, their misfortunes have only just begun!
- The series has two seasons and 20 episodes.
- .One of the best anime I have ever watched, tastefully naughty.
- PLOT: Tatsumi Oga is a first-year student in Ishiyama High School, a school for delinquents, where he is called the "strongest juvenile delinquent". One day while sleeping next to a river, Tatsumi sees a man floating down it. Tatsumi pulls him to shore and the man splits in half, revealing a baby boy. This boy, Beelzebub, is the son of the demon king, and Tatsumi, along with Beelzebub's demon maid Hilda, has been chosen as the one to raise him.
- 1 season 51 episodes
5. School Rumble
- PLOT: Tsukamoto Tenma is an ordinary 2nd-year high school student who has fallen in love with one of her classmates, Karasuma Ooji. Currently, she is unable to confess her feelings to him. To make things worse, she found out that Karasuma is transferring to another school in a year. On the other hand, Tenma's other classmate, Harima Kenji (who is a delinquent) is also in love with Tenma. Not being able to confess his feelings, Harima gets depressed day by day.
- Outstanding show, outstanding comedy although it might be a bit dull in the start.
- This one is totally a must watch.
- 3 season 52 episodes
4. Prison School
- PLOT: Hachimitsu Academy, one of the strictest girls academies in Tokyo, has decided to admit boys into their system. Kiyoshi Fujino is one of these new boys, but he discovers to his shock that he and his four friends—Takehito "Gakuto" Morokuzu, Shingo Wakamoto, Jouji "Joe" Nezu, and Reiji "Andre" Andou—are the only male students among 1,000 girls. The draconian laws that are still in place make the school even worse, which punishes even the most minor infractions with a stay in the school's prison. The five boys all commit to voyeurism in the school's bathing area with the perverted philosophy of "all for one, one for all." Their capture and "arrest" by the Underground Student Council causes the five boys to receive an ultimatum: either stay a month in the school's Prison Block or be expelled. The boys are incarcerated in the Prison Block together and Kiyoshi is overwhelmed by the discovery that all the other boys are masochists that revel in the punishments handed to them by their attractive but vicious supervisors.
- This show has way too much energy, there are no dull instances.
- Slightly, no a lot on Ecchi side one might say, but too good to not watch.
3. Daily Life of High school Boys
- PLOT: The plot revolves around the daily lives of Tadakuni, Hidenori Tabata and Yoshitake Tanaka of Sanada North Boys High school and their various interactions with other students of and around their school and their coming of age endeavors.
- Best of the very best is what this show is.
- A masterpiece of comedic entertainment.
2. Detroit Metal City (DMC)
- One of the most underrated but utterly eye-tearing laughter delivering a piece of entertainment.
- PLOT: Soichi Negishi is a shy young musician who dreams of a career in pop. Dreams don't pay the bills, so he's ended up as the lead singer and guitarist of a Blackened death metal band, "Detroit Metal City." In stage costume he is Johannes Krauser II, rumored to be a terrorist demon from hell, to have killed and raped his parents, to wield his giant death penis with abandon, and other menacing tales being said about him after each public performance. The songs of DMC often encourage the audience to engage in an immoral and illegal behavior, such as rape or murder, or tell of Krauser's exploits with similar actions, in a parody of the genre. Negishi despises DMC and all that it stands for, but he can't walk away as he has the talent to play the psychotic frontman of the band. Negishi is under his meager exterior is very skilled in his guitar play. Further, he feels an obligation to the rest of the band and his label and even if he manages to escape, he is invariably roped back in by the manager of the band's label. The Krauser persona also functions as an outlet to vent his frustration over his failing personal career, which has not advanced beyond him being a street musician. Playing his music in the street earns him nothing but the disapproval of bystanders over his cheesy pop songs.
- Too good for anyone, even to someone who's first anime is this one.
- 1 season 12 episodes
- Yes really Gintama hold his throne as number 1, it is literally the best comedy show.
- Contains a lot of episodes.
- A large universe with many characters.
- A very good overall story even though the anime seems episodic .those who do not like Gintama, mostly do not like subs, or they get sick of reading endless references. Then just watch the 51 episode dub after watching at least starting 50 episodes of sub otherwise you would not understand what is going on in the Dub, It is one of the greatest Dubs so far.
- PLOT:The plot is focused on an eccentric samurai, Gintoki (a.k.a. Odd Jobs Gin), who helps a teenager named Shinpachi save his sister Tae from a group of aliens who want to make her part of a brothel. Impressed with Gintoki, Shinpachi becomes his apprentice and works with him as a freelance odd-jobs man in order to pay the monthly rent on Gintoki's combination home and office, as well as to know more about him. The two of them rescue a teenage alien girl named Kagura from a group of Yakuza who wanted to use her unworldly strength to kill people.
Kagura joins Shinpachi and Gintoki to work as freelancers and the three become known as "Yorozuya" ("We do everything" or literally "The Anything Store").
- Countless sequels and side stories, and 1 main season with 201 episodes.
This content reflects the personal opinions of the author. It is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and should not be substituted for impartial fact or advice in legal, political, or personal matters.
© 2018 Mark Dair