To Be Or Not To Be!
Have you ever been bored out of your mind? Or perhaps felt like you just need to get up and do something more productive than laying around? Here's a quick list of things you can do when you are bored that should take no more than 5 minutes! Get up and get going.
50 Things You Can Do In 5 Minutes
- Color a page in a coloring book
- Balance your checkbook (go on...you know it needs to be done!)
- Check your Facebook (don't...you've probably already done this for the past 2 hours!)
- Read an article in a magazine
- Paint your toenails
- Edit/ photoshop a picture
- Watch an episode of Ray William Johnson (RWJ) on YouTube.
- Floss your teeth
- Pay a bill online
- Browse around eBay
- StumbleUpon something!
- Sweep your bathroom
- Take out the trash
- Write a journal entry
- Start an online blog
- Write an email
- Catch up on the latest music (easily done through YouTube)
- Research the benefits of cantaloupe
- Start writing a hub (Although don't expect much if you REALLY only do it in 5 minutes!)
- Set up a game of Monopoly
- Clean your pet bird's cage
- Sew a button
- Apply sunscreen
- Do your makeup
- Use the bathroom
- Chew a piece of gum until it looses its flavor
- Make a "To-Do" list for tomorrow (...so you don't have this "I don't know what to do" problem again.)
- Buy movie tickets online
- Call a friend
- Make a paper crane
- Learn how to make a paper crane if you didn't know before
- Organize your pen/pencil/erasers/etc. drawer
- Air out your room, let the breeze in
- Make a sandwich
- Hang a painting
- Clean the mirrors in your house
- Wash the dishes
- Wrap a present
- Memorize an important phone number in your address book
- Walk the dog
- Make some milk and cereal
- Write a greeting card
- Program your TI-84 calculator
- Make some coffee
- Eat a taco
- Check your emails
- Listen to a techno song (I say techno, but really Dubstep, Metallica, classical...etc etc... lots of bands and genres go longer than 4 minutes.)
- Do some ab exercises
- Make an omelet
- Read something else. Like this article about tea.
So There You Have It...
50 things you can do in 5 minutes! I hope I got your mind running a little as what to do when you are bored or want to be productive. So stop texting your friends that you are bored and pick something to do!
I wouldn't want this list to stop at number 50 so if you have another creative idea, leave it in the comments below or let me know and I'll add it to the list!
If you found this article interesting, please remember to:
- Vote it UP/USEFUL
- Leave a comment
- Share it!
Here's idea #51...
The Reminder from Canada on October 30, 2012:
Do 15 push ups! There are plenty of things we can do in 5 minutes and your list is full of good ideas!
Steve Wright from Norwich, England on May 16, 2012:
These are another 50 things to stop me from working, but hey here I go starting with number one.... Great hub again Londonlady :)
Daniella Lopez on January 07, 2012:
Awesome hub! Sadly I tend to do all the not so productive things that you listed instead of the more productive ones. Oh well, lol. Voted up!
Lali Writes (author) on July 12, 2011:
Thanks for the great suggestions everyone! I just thought of a new one...
Winsome from Southern California by way of Texas on July 12, 2011:
Write a song.
Make a bell.
Find a stick.
Buy a bat.
Make a kite,
Fake break your arm.
Ring ding a ding-a-dong ding it
Matthew I Crawford from Greeley, Colorado on July 12, 2011:
Great hub. Loved the video too.
Voted up and funny.
marellen on July 12, 2011:
Change the sheets on the bed.
Sit outside and enjoy the weather.
File my bills or pay bills.
BTW...fun hub....and I voted...